|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for a Senior Civil Engineer (ideally Chartered) to join our growing team based in Leeds, working throughout the UK and internationally. You will help us lead the design of innovative and sustainable solutions for water storage and management, particularly in relation to dams, reservoirs and river structures.
Our client base includes the Environment Agency, local authorities, water utility companies (and other owners with large portfolios of dams), hydropower developers and international development agencies - all of whom trust us to deliver schemes to the highest standards.
What will you be doing?
As a Senior Civil Engineer, you will play a leading role in an innovative team of technical specialists, managing projects and delivering work in close partnership with clients and contractors, building strong relationships that will enhance the company's reputation and help secure further work.
As part of this, you will coordinate project teams and engage in preparing studies, calculations and outline/detailed civil engineering designs; producing technical and commercial specifications, drawings and schedules; and carrying out site supervision duties.
You will also represent the company in meetings, supervise the work of more junior staff, and provide technical and professional guidance to aid their development. This role will present you with a fantastic opportunity to further develop your technical and management skills through your project work, with great prospects for career progression as the business continues to grow.
What qualifications, experience and aptitudes will you need?
- Chartered Engineer, or working towards Chartership
- Extensive river engineering, flood management and/or hydraulic structures experience
- Understanding of designers' responsibilities under CDM
- Experience of managing clients and other project stakeholders
- Experience in managing multiple and/or complex projects
- Willingness to work internationally, and fluency in an additional language such as Spanish or French, would be considered highly advantageous