About the role
Abcam, a rapidly expanding bioscience organisation, are looking for a Research Associate - Purification & Conjugation to join our first-class In-House Manufacturing team. This is a lab-based role where you will be responsible for performing a wide range of purification techniques as well as preparing antibody and peptide conjugates to a broad range of labels, producing high quality results to hit high throughput targets and assisting with the day to day running of the Purification & Conjugation Lab.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Carry out purification and conjugation processes to deliver completed experiments in line with production schedules.
- Support troubleshooting activities and assist with process optimisation initiatives.
- Develop effective relationships across a variety of different teams within Abcam.
- Ensure compliance with Quality policies, SOPs and Health and Safety procedures.
- Contribute to the housekeeping tasks within the Purification & Conjugation Lab areas.
- Ability to learn new techniques, keep accurate records, follow instructions and comply with company policies is essential.
You will be educated to degree level or equivalent in a biological science.
Previous laboratory experience is desirable, and you will be expected to understand the fundamental science behind antibody production techniques including conjugation strategies.
It would be desirable to have knowledge or experience of:
- AKTA chromatography systems - Unicorn method writing/ editing
- Purification techniques – Affinity, SEC, IEX, HIC
- Conjugation techniques – Protein conjugation chemistries (labels and linkers).
You will be organised and enthusiastic and be comfortable with working autonomously or in a team environment. In addition to this you will have excellent interpersonal skills, be a competent user of MS Office applications and have a customer centric approach.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.