|Job Type:||Full Time|
Looking to join a dynamic team of Accounting professionals and obtain valuable global statutory accounting compliance experience? The International Statutory Reporting team works closely with colleagues from Indirect Tax (VAT) and other departments to ensure Expedia Group, Inc.’s EMEA subsidiaries remain compliant with VAT reporting requirements. Our ideal candidate has a strong foundation of accounting and auditing standards, multi-currency and a strong accounting systems background.
In this role you will manage a team of one to two direct reports on Global VAT compliance (currently +70 companies) .This position is the primary lead for VAT compliance from the accounting side, working closely with various Indirect Tax teams on implementation of process for new registration of the merchant entities around the world. This person will be leading the project of outsourcing de VAT compliance and will work closely on quality of data and streamlining processes.
This position is in London, UK.
What You’ll Do
- You will be managing and mentoring a team of accounting professionals for VAT/GST compliance
- You will ensure VAT/GST compliance for our worldwide subsidiaries, directly or liaison with external providers
- Reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations for month-end close, plus journal entries necessary within VAT/GST asset and liability accounts
- Reviewing and filing monthly/quarterly/annual VAT/GST returns and making payments where appropriate
- Work cross-functionally with technology team and tax team
- Implementing new business processes, enhancing current process by streamlining and adding automation and ensuring these processes are communicated across the various business groups
- Ensuring all SOX controls are maintained
- Other ad hoc projects as needed (onboarding new companies, new VAT/GST registration, for example)
Who you are:
- Fully qualified ACA/ACCA or EU equivalent required
- Prior public accounting experience is required
- Previous managerial experience required
- Data driven
- Global VAT compliance experience would be an advantage
- Ability to use accounting knowledge and previous experience to add value and assist in meeting the department's objectives while working in a fast-paced, team oriented, rapidly changing, and high-growth organization
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, capable of clearly articulating complex processes to audiences with differing levels of understanding.
- A proven track record of collaborating and delivering results working as part of a cross functional team both in the local office and with the global organization.
- Experience with Oracle or a similar ERP system.
- Strong Excel skills (pivot tables, functions) as well as the ability to work with large amounts of data.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares. If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.