|Job Type:||Full Time|
Legal- Assistant General Counsel- Office of Legal Obligations- AVP, London
- managing actual and potential litigation and enforcement matters, including internal reviews and investigations related to such matters
- advising on products and services, including contract negotiation and documentation
- advising on offering and marketing documents and new business initiatives
- managing dispute resolution
- interpreting existing laws, rules and regulations, and advising on changes thereto
- advising on advocacy in connection with contemplated and proposed laws, rules and regulations, and
- providing legal advice to the Board of Directors, the business and functions. Legal selects, engages and manages outside counsel for the Firm on all matters in which outside counsel is engaged.
- Lead and participate on cross-functional teams to develop and maintain Legal Obligations for JPMorgan’s businesses in the UK and other EMEA countries.
- Collaborate with line of business lawyers to review changes in laws and regulation to determine applicability and impact to JPMorgan.
- Liaise with line of business lawyers to respond to questions from the business and corporate functions about Legal Obligations and their impact on particular business lines, products or legal entities.
- Instruct and liaise with external counsel, as required.
- Conduct gap analyses on the completeness and accuracy of Legal Obligations under EU and UK laws and regulations.
- Develop subject matter expertise on products and services offered by JPMorgan, as required.
- Assist with the development of policies, procedures and controls.
- Work with Compliance, Risk and other internal control functions to identify and implement process changes to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Participate in legal and other firmwide projects.
- French or Luxembourg qualified lawyer with substantial experience obtained in private practice or in-house at a financial institution.
- Background in EU and either French or Luxembourg financial regulation.
- Excellent legal research and writing skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional judgement and decision-making skills.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with the business, corporate functions, and fellow legal and support professionals.
- Strong analytical and collaborative skills, and ability to work independently.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and to co-ordinate among a wide range of internal stakeholders.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Fluency in German, Italian, or Spanish
“JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.”