|Job Type:||Full Time|
Managing a team of the best and brightest talent in Microsoft Services today combined with the business responsibility for delivery within the Apps Domain – that is the role of the Technical Delivery Manager (TDM).
The TDM has people management responsibility typically for 20 to 30 people through which they drive customer satisfaction, Microsoft Services revenue, and profitability. The team is made up of engineers and Consultants that can be based across EMEA. Direct and remote people management and leadership, in combination with business excellence, are key to your success in this role.
What will you be doing as a TDM?
The TDM is responsible for the end-to-end service delivery within an assigned domain of customer accounts, representing Microsoft Services throughout the deal phases whilst demonstrating a critical partnership with Sales.
You will serve as the single point of accountability and/or escalation for your assigned engagements through Western Europe and the corresponding customers. This role has direct people management responsibility and supervises the service delivery of your assigned team members. Typically, this role will report to the Services Practice Leader (SPL). You are on point to drive customer satisfaction, services revenue growth & profitability, reviewing and approving Services Delivery Plans for customers in the assigned portfolio.
Some of the activities you will be accountable for include:
- Driving a proactive consulting, support and operations business enhancing customer experience in Microsoft products, devices and Cloud services.
- Coaching and developing your team, conducting regular meetings and holding annual performance reviews
- Driving successful solution deployments and ensuring proper business value while maintaining high customer/partner satisfaction.
- Providing review, oversight and approval from proposal through delivery.
- Growing the business through mentoring, talent pipeline development, and community evangelism and IP creation which can be reused.
- Driving operational excellence and innovation through delivery best practices leveraging Microsoft Services Business Capabilities.
- Owning and driving Portfolio/Project Profitability, Forecast Accuracy and Revenue Recognition for consulting and premier contracts, and other financial and business metrics (typically Scorecard metrics), as well as data accuracy.
What will you need to succeed in this role?
- Broad people management experience, including management of remote teams based across EMEA
- Strong track record in building Customer and Partner relationships.
- Experience in a Consulting and/or Services business.
- Proven skills in managing budget or a full P&L end to end.
- Strong know-how in Project Management discipline with good strategic insight.
- Knowledge of Microsoft products and solutions will be an advantage (desirable)
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Technical, Business, Management or related field of study (desirable)
- Fluency in English is a must, both written and spoken.
There is some travel across EMEA involved in this role.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.