|Location:||Greater London, Greater Manchester, Reading|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Your objectives as a Power Platform Global Black Belt Technical Specialist is to function as a worldwide subject matter expert (SME) and to help our customers understand the opportunity for transformation via PowerApps, Power Automate and the Common Data Service. We help our customers understand the Power Platform strategy, showcase our world-leading innovation, and share best practices from within and across key industries.
You will help architect proposed solutions that align the Power Platform to enhance and drive business value, while also advising our customers how this meets their future technical vision and strategy, and you will help win the technical decision of customers to purchase and use the Power Platform. These wins showcase how Microsoft innovation can help customers digitally transform their businesses. Additionally, Global Black Belt Technical Specialists are viewed as leaders in our technical community given their required depth of technical and functional product knowledge.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
- Understand customer goals and challenges and map those back to the Power Platform.
- Assist local sales teams worldwide by functioning as a deep Subject Matter Expert (SME). Understanding of how to apply this workload expertise across one or more of the following industries: Automotive, Education, Financial Services, Government, Health, Manufacturing, Media & Communications or Retail.
- Design, build, and demonstrate innovative solutions to address sales challenges.
- Collaborate with the broader field Technical Specialists and Global Black Belt Technical Specialist Communities, including Community Calls, training events, etc.
- Participate in ongoing technical and functional readiness to maintain deep Subject Matter Expertise.
- Demonstrate how PowerApps and Power Automate fit into a customer’s technology infrastructure covering key security, integration, administration and governance requirements.
- Attain quarterly and annual objectives defined collaboratively with management.
The successful candidate must demonstrate a commitment to technical excellence while displaying the following attributes:
You will be at the forefront of Strategic Sales Engagement
- Drive the One Microsoft story by crafting presentations that combine PowerApps with other Microsoft technologies to create compelling industry solutions. This could include PowerApps, Microsoft Flow, Dynamics 365, SharePoint, IoT, Machine Learning, BI, Azure services, etc.
- Establish and maintain credible technical relationships at the executive level. Customers, Field Sellers and Partners will view you as a strategic advisor.
- Provide pre-sales solution architecture guidance and POC support. Design and deliver compelling highly impactful engagements with customers.
- Demonstrate deep industry knowledge of Microsoft PowerApps, Microsoft Flow and the Common Data Service solution to qualified prospects and customers to assist with their digital transformation.
- Present and speak meaningfully about the development environment, governance, and architecture of PowerApps, Microsoft Flow and Common Data Service solutions as well as their integration with Dynamics 365, Office 365, Azure Cloud and supporting technologies, including third party services.
- Coordination and participation in the responses to customer RFI’s and RFP’s.
Help customers make technical decisions to build tomorrow’s business and IT solutions based on Microsoft technology.
- You will help drive technical presentations, demonstrations, workshops, architecture design sessions, proofs of concept, and pilots to explain, demonstrate, and prove to our largest customers the capabilities of Microsoft's products and services, and how we can make their businesses more successful.
- You will clear technical, competitive and security blockers to accelerate PowerApps sales and customer usage.
- You will heavily support winning the technical decision for sales opportunities and usage scenarios through tailoring your message, bringing ideas to customers, engaging with them to show Microsoft technology differentiation, and guiding them in decision making.
- You will work with partners and others at Microsoft, as well as use our core tools, social connection tools, and AI driven data to extend your reach and the reach of your team, focusing on satisfying important customer needs.
You will be a vital connection and orchestration point for a variety of technical resources, by:
- Orchestrating complex solutions with internal and external partners for multiple Microsoft products and services.
- Helping identify and diagnose technical, architectural, and competitive blockers and respective solutions for sales opportunities and usage decision blockers and helping ensure that these solutions are implemented.
- Sharing practical knowledge with partners to drive the sale, deployment, and adoption of Microsoft solutions.
- Shaping current and future products, marketing strategies, and customer centricity ideas through your feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering.
You will stay sharp, share your knowledge and learn practices from others.
- We encourage all our employees to continuously maintain and enhance their technical, sales, professional skills and competitive readiness.
- Your knowledge will be enhanced and shared by participating in internal Microsoft technical communities and in the broader industry through events, blogs, whitepapers, training and articles for your domain.
- You will be recognized for sharing, learning and driving individual work that all result in business impact for customers, partners and within Microsoft. We encourage thought leadership and leadership from every employee.
Technical & functional Solution Leader
Strong hands-on technical background in Microsoft Technologies, such as PowerApps, Microsoft Flow, Common Data Service, SharePoint, Dynamics 365, Power BI, LinkedIn, and Azure Services preferred.
Demonstrated expertise and ability to integrate complex elements and customer requirements into innovative technical solutions in the enterprise business applications space by integrating with customer architecture required.
High-level expertise in sophisticated identity, authentication, security, privacy, and compliance requirements, and experience integrating them into cloud and hybrid solutions required.
Enterprise customer level experience with cloud, hybrid infrastructures and adjacent technologies, architecture designs, migrations, and industry standards required.
Proven domain authority and enterprise customer level technical experience.
As technical leader of multi-million-dollar business application deals requiring orchestration of large, dispersed, virtual teams composed of industry, and solution team members.
Understand capabilities of, strategically be able to work with, influence cohesively, build and grow, Microsoft’s (or similar) customers, members of the Microsoft (or similar) sales, services, and marketing organizations, internal and external communities and Microsoft (or similar) partners required.
Strong people negotiation, organizational, presentation, deep technical product demo, writing, and verbal communication skills required.
Strong leadership to influence key technical decision makers, influencers, industry decision makers and or boards required.
Validated experience in consultative technical selling approach, including bringing innovative ideas to customers problems and being customer focused required.
Highly driven passionate person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations required.
Able to lead, inspire and mentor members of the Microsoft (or similar) sales, services, and marketing organizations and Microsoft (or similar) partners required.
10+ years of related experience in technical pre-sales roles preferred.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field preferred.
Certification in domain-specific technologies preferred.
Certification in information security preferred.
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a cross-functional team to solve technical problems.
- Ability to be go-to technical expert for sales: explain, demo & prove the capabilities of Dynamics solutions and remove technical and competitive blockers.
- Lead cloud security, privacy, and compliance discussions.
- Understand and articulate Microsoft solution value messaging and present relevant and compelling customer examples to potential customers.
- Coordinate technical team resources for sales opportunities.
- Optimize partner engagements in competitive sales cycles.
- Orchestrate cross-workload solutions with Technical Specialists aligned to other Microsoft products and services, such as Azure, Office 365, Enterprise Mobility, and Productivity.
- Provide feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering on current and future product requirements and competitive intelligence.
- Advanced skills creating complex solution designs and Proofs of Concept with other MSFT, partner ISV and third-party applications.
- Background on enterprise adoption and growth of low-code/no-code platform initiatives.
- B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience is required.
- Desired Skills:
- Solution/sales engineer for the Microsoft Power Platform or other business application platform or SaaS-based vendor such as Salesforce.com, OutSystems, Mendix and others.
- Driving technical sales processes including complex pre-sales, POCs or project management.
- Successful track record of selling end-to-end complex cloud solutions.
- Successful track record of competitive displacement.
- Deep proficiency in PowerApps and Power Automate, or equitable Business Application solution development (including coding)
- Competitive knowledge of other low code providers such as Appian, IBM Notes/Domino, Pega, Kony, ServiceNow, Mendix, OutSystems or Salesforce.
- Advanced skills in Visio, Visual Studio, and other integrated development environments and solutioning tools.
- Knowledge of related applications, relational database, web technology, and cyber-security.
- Knowledge of PowerApps, Power Automate, Common Data Service and Power BI.
- Knowledge of O365 development including SharePoint Framework & Azure.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Application Integration patterns, including integration middleware like BizTalk, Azure and/or competitive technologies.
- Knowledge of Data Integration patterns, including Extract Transform Load products like SQL Server Integration Services, Azure Data Factory, and/or competitive technologies.
- Knowledge of agile software development methodologies, Application Lifecycle Management, and DevOps fundamentals.
- Technical Knowledge
- Understand the low-code/no-code platform market including the leading vendors and how to articulate a platform vision for our most important customers.
- Deep hands-on technical background in Microsoft Technologies, such as PowerApps, Power Automate, Common Data Service, SharePoint, Dynamics 365, Power BI, LinkedIn, and Azure Services preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise and ability to integrate complex elements and customer requirements into innovative technical solutions that fit customer architecture requirements.
- High-level expertise in sophisticated identity, authentication, security, privacy, and compliance requirements, and experience integrating them into cloud and hybrid solutions required.
- Enterprise customer level experience with cloud, hybrid infrastructures and adjacent technologies, architecture designs, migrations, and industry standards required.
- Proven domain authority and enterprise customer level technical experience.
- As technical leader of multi-million-dollar business application deals requiring orchestration of large, dispersed, virtual teams composed of industry, and solution team members.
- Understand capabilities of, strategically be able to work with, influence cohesively, build and grow, Microsoft’s (or similar) customers, members of the Microsoft (or similar) sales, services, and marketing organizations, internal and external communities and Microsoft (or similar) partners required.
- Strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, demo, writing, and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong leadership to influence key decision makers, influencers and industry experts required.
- Validated experience in consultative technical selling approach, including bringing innovative ideas to customers problems and being customer focused.
- Highly driven passionate person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations.
- Able to lead, inspire and mentor members of the Microsoft (or similar) sales, services, and marketing organizations and Microsoft (or similar) partners.
- Experience and passion for learning (technical and soft skills); implementing practices from others; trying, failing and learning from that; sharing practices and knowledge for others’ benefit.
- Technical & functional Solution Leader
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.