|Job Type:||Full Time|
Start date: June 2020
Duration: 3 months full time placement
- Penultimate year of a STEM related degree
- Please ensure you apply with your CV in English
- Online Application Form
- Numerical Test
- Video Interview/Telephone Interview
- Assessment centre in January
Come to learn more about our internships - we're organising an analytics business game on 4th December! Sign up here https://www.eventbrite.com/e/80068311475
Do you have a passion for solving complex problems and driving big decisions using data and models? Expedia’s big data platform will be your playground. We apply state of the art techniques to large datasets in order to understand the ever-changing online travel market.
Our analytics interns usually work in analysing the impact of marketing campaigns and support in developing analytical models to estimate the effect of different business scenarios.
Here’s what Nathan, now working as a business analyst, has to say about his internship in analytics:
“I completed a Summer Internship this summer and was subsequently offered a full-time role. I work in Business Intelligence within the Hotels.com brand to increase efficiency and effectiveness across Analytics functions by enabling data driven decisions for key stakeholders. The tool I mainly use is Tableau, a data visualisation programme which can explore deeper insights into the data we have and then present the findings as a series of inter-related charts and dashboards. I also use SQL on a day to day basis and have developed web development skills since joining hotels.com.
The best thing about working for Expedia Group is that I am surrounded by experts in the fields of Data Science and Analytics, and there is always someone who is willing to help! The offices are great too, namely the roof terrace, table tennis and monthly free breakfasts/drinks! There are also opportunities to continuously learn through Expedia’s in-house Code Academy – I am currently learning Python & R. “
What you’ll do:
- Partnering with the entire organisation, from different groups and teams in the business (Sales, Finance, Product, Customer Operations), supporting the leadership team and external partners to provide insights
- Understand business problems, identify the key challenges,
provide/prototype solutions, and solve using statistical analysis and tools
- Define and solve problems by using available data and
- Turn massive amounts of data into actionable insights to help drive
improvements for customers, for the business, and for our operations
- Identify data sources, and correlate data across them, to develop
insights that drive operational improvements
- Support, influence and challenge business decisions with data and
timely & insightful analyses
- Communicate analysis findings and recommendations, both strategic
and tactical to colleagues, partners, and leadership in a clear, concise,
and influential manner
Who you are:
You’ll fit this role if you have:
- Penultimate year of a bachelor or MSc STEM related degree
- A real passion for data: how it's used to build insight and narrate actions and behaviours, formulate questions and answering them.
- Strong analytical mindset and numerical skills, including the ability to break down complex scenarios into constituent parameters.
- A scientific and logical approach to problem-solving (asking the right questions and designing appropriate analyses to answer them, finding simple and practical solutions to complex problems).
- Experience of data analysis and good technical skills (excellent Excel skills, some knowledge of SQL or of any programming language, understanding of fundamental concepts of probability and statistics).
- Strong interpersonal skills to present the business value of analysis concisely and clearly.
- You can learn new concepts quickly. You have a curious mindset and are keen to learn and share knowledge.
- Strong organisational skills. You are able to perform in a high-pressure, dynamic environment. You are adaptable, flexible, and at your ease in a high level of ambiguity.
- Passion for making an impact and strong attention to detail.
- Phenomenal relational skills and passionate about working with in a highly multicultural & diverse environment.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.