|Job Type:||Full Time|
Hotels.com, an Expedia Inc company, is a truly data-driven company and as such we use data to support almost every company decision. We use analytics methods that range from simple to very sophisticated, depending on the business need. We are looking for a motivated, talented individual to lead our Product Analytics team that oversees 87 sites in 36 languages.
You will manage a team that are the driving force for success in analysing, measuring and evaluating our websites and mobile apps performance for all our customer segments. Your responsibilities will include recruiting, training and leading a team of analysts to solve some of our hardest and highest impact problems in product as well as developing our analytics toolkit by putting the latest technologies at the forefront of what we do.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Recruit, train and lead a team of analysts who will deliver actionable behavioural insights to steer the product strategy to grow our business.
- Develop the test and learn programme through building new analytical tools and coordinating new enhancements with the wider team
- Support/Manage key feature initiatives and ensure everything is in place to measure success
- Manage multiple stakeholders ensuring the team of Analysts deliver high level insights
- Deliver data-driven insights that help shape our product
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Managerial experience
- Expertise in conversion optimization.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts concisely and clearly to senior level executives.
- Excellent logical thinking, a very strong background in a quantitative discipline such as mathematics, physics, engineering, operations research, data science or similar, and a scientific approach to problem-solving (i.e. ability to ask the right questions and design appropriate analyses to answer them).
- Expertise in Web Analytics, ideally using Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics Premium.
- Good technical skills (comfortable with programming independently of platform or language and practical experience).
- Strong interest in understanding how the business works at a systems level and a desire to learn about and evolve in a business environment strongly preferred.
- A sharp focus on getting results and insights using the most practical and fastest approach.
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure, dynamic environment and be comfortable with a high level of ambiguity.
- High energy and a can-do attitude.
- Curiosity and real passion for making an impact along with strong attention to detail.
- An MBA or Masters degree in quantitative or technical fields, with a demonstrated amount of experience post-masters including analytical roles, is a plus.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.