|Job Type:||Full Time|
Rare is a one-of-a-kind game studio where we create the kind of games the world doesn't have, games that are uniquely Rare! Working here offers opportunities unlike anywhere else. You'll be providing players with unforgettable shared experiences in games loved by millions worldwide. Our pirate adventure Sea of Thieves, launched in 2018, is still going strong – and alongside that we're busy creating our next magical world, Everwild, announced in 2019 to a global audience.
We strive to make Rare an amazing place to work, embracing a culture of respect and building a supportive environment for our developers. Our custom-built Twycross studio is situated in the beautiful English countryside, surrounded by woodland and wildlife, with plenty of room for us to grow. Studio benefits are catered to making life easier for staff, including flexible working, a bonus scheme, an industry-leading pension package, private healthcare, mental health initiatives and free events for employees and their families.
By joining Rare, you'll be joining one of the finest studios in the industry with support from the wider Xbox Game Studios network. We're always on the lookout for exceptional people who can bring their expertise and unique thinking to help make our team even stronger!
Are you an established and highly capable Concept Artist, able to visualise beautiful environments, far-out characters, fascinating creatures and beyond? Are you looking for an opportunity in a studio renowned for its iconic visual style, in which you could be working on incredibly exciting projects? You might be our next Senior Concept Artist!
We’re looking for a Senior Concept Artist to join our team, one of which is an expert in their field and will work as part of a focused team to bring briefs to life. Reporting to the Art Lead, our Senior will be able to creatively express ideas quickly as well as be able to effectively adapt to established work processes, set styles and work deadlines.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a world-class art team, where your ideas could help shape the worlds we create!
- Create outstanding concept artwork that help guide the tone, mood, aesthetic as defined by the Art Director.
- Create character, creature, weapons, item concepts including detailed callouts for production ready assets creation.
- Iterate on game assets via paint overs, studies, and input in group critiques to self-improve
- Take art & design requirements and provide creative solutions to challenging briefs
- Take ownership of any given task or brief
- Established experience in game development as a 2D Artist specialising in Game Art/Illustration
- Strong understanding of digital art creation tools such as Photoshop, Painter etc
- An excellent foundation in illustration skills and deep understanding of human / creature anatomy, colour theory, shape and form, language and silhouette.
- Great eye for light, value, composition, colour, staging, architecture and detail in environmental design
- Comfortable working in a pre-defined Art Style or able to explore the undefined
- Self-motivation, excellent communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Have shipped 1+ AAA Console/PC titles as a Concept Artist
- Creative and passionate approach to problem solving
- Able to take and interpret direction and criticism
- Understanding of 3D pipelines (Zbrush, 3D Coat experience)
- Able to effectively collaborate with game designers and Art teams
- A love of stylised artwork/games
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.