|Job Type:||Full Time|
The online travel market never stands still. The opportunity is huge, and the competition is fierce. At Hotels.com, we're in the thick of it. We live and breathe travel. Our technology team is insanely passionate about using the best technology and processes to give our customers the best possible experience when finding hotels for their business or leisure travel needs. We want them to feel the same passion for travel that we do.
We are currently looking for an Technology Manager to manage multiple software development teams, both on- and off-shore, with the aim of driving effective and efficient delivery of the Checkout product roadmap. This entails working with business partners to flesh out requirements, drive solution design, development and ultimate delivery to the end users. We are also constantly looking for ways to improve our software development methodologies and welcome fresh ideas and approaches.
The teams are focused on designing, implementing, and maintaining solutions related to helping our customers to book, view, change and cancel their hotel reservations. They work primarily with Java/Kotlin web services utilizing cloud technologies, such as Kubernetes, ElastiCache, DynamoDB, Kinesis. Components owned by these teams are fully integrated with our CI/CD pipeline and are currently being migrated to AWS.
What you’ll do;
- Lead teams of software engineers responsible for delivering the Checkout roadmap.
- Contribute to the long-term vision and technical roadmap, as well as overseeing key projects.
- Line management responsibilities for our team based in London
- Ensure key stakeholders are regularly updated on delivery progress
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement within the group
- Thorough understanding of the wider technology landscape, emerging technologies and able to understand and communicate how they apply to the business domain and existing platform.
Who you are;
You’ll fit this role if you have:
- Demonstrated ability to grow, develop, mentor and motivate teams
- Experience in object orientated programming and software delivery lifecycle in an agile environment.
- Extensive experience with open source technologies.
- Proven success as a software engineering lead with a track record of on time project delivery.
- Experience delivering production-quality distributed applications in a professional software engineering role.
- Experience with AWS technologies is also desirable
Why Join Us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.