|Job Type:||Full Time|
The position demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. Integrates and develops processes & technologies that meet business needs across the organization. Involved in long-term planning. This role contributes to the overall strategy within Technology Development
- Engineer - will:
- Develop, evaluate and validate conceptual design solutions to meet near term and long-range engineering needs for new technologies across OFE.
- Work closely with the Additive COE Leader to materialise NTI and NPI projects.
- Support the design for additive training activities that aim to disseminate and exploit the benefits of AM technology across Baker Hughes.
- Drive design work packages of AM collaborative projects between Baker Hughes and research institutes.
- Devise optimisation methodologies of the full product life cycle of Baker Hughes products.
- Execute research and production projects from design to 3D printing.
- Communicate and present design solutions and the value added on the supply chain to all engineering levels
- Provide technical design guidance, direction and training to new engineers, specialists, technicians and co-ops.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Product Design Engineering, Mechanical Design Engineering and Materials Science.
- Experience in modelling with CAD packages; such as Creo, Solidworks, Siemens NX or others.
- Ability to Design for Additive utilising design optimisation software packages; Topology optimisation and/or Generative Design.
- Good understanding of 2D sketches and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Demonstrated analytical, experimental, and problem-solving skills;
- Proven project management skills
- Financial acumen with execution of operations and financial targets
- EU Work Permit.
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Experience in a cross-functional team environment;
- 3D scanning experience will be an advantage;
- Able to interface effectively with all levels of the organization;
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more