|Location:||Tyne and Wear|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Engineering Team Manager; demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes to their team within OTR Engineering function. In this role you will manage; demand & capacity for OTR teams to deliver project objectives and commitments to contracted schedules. An Engineering Manager will utilize their experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others. To hold the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals. The ability to interact with all functions of the business and understand the wider BHGE strategy is essential.
- HSE focused & Product Quality committed, ensuring the team are up dated and executing project / programs to the required standard.
- Provide leadership and technical direction to an engineering team for project / programs to meet specific objectives.
- Drive on-time delivery through regular meetings and detailed team engagement.
- Report and present team / function KPI’s on a weekly / monthly / quarterly basis to the OTR Engineering Leader.
- Monitor, explain and resolve any deviations from the baseline schedule of the S-curve for engineering.
- Ability to motivate others and achieve results.
- Commitment to process improvement.
- Customer-focused in defining quality and establishing priorities.
- Establish the technical requirements, objectives, timing, resources and funding required, assuring conformance to standards and specifications.
- Create strategies for team development and training.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics.
- Industrial, engineering work experience.
- Previous experience as a Lead / Senior Engineer role.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Understanding of Project Engineering protocols, Pipe System Design, StructuralEngineering and Global Analysis methodologies.
- Experience / trained with a LEAN or Green Belt program focus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead teams. Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Ability to coordinate several project deliverables, simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability.
- Chartered / Member of a recognized engineering institute.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more