Role Title: LAM - Information Management Lead
Business: Retail Banking and Wealth Management
New or Existing Role? New
- About Credit Control Services (“CCS”)
- Credit Control Services (CCS), is a first line of defense control function in RBWM, with the core purpose of supporting the entire customer credit journey, and creating sustainable outcomes for the Customer and the Bank. It is organised along 4 core sub-functions: Credit Bureau Management, RBWM Risk Systems, Underwriting Services and Collections.It is also responsible for supporting RBWM’s engagement with FCTM and Fraud Operations.
- The position is to work as a work stream lead for EU region to support the CCS Data program (supporting Collections, Underwriting and RBWM Risk Systems) operating out of Birmingham, UK.
- Through the provisioning of data management frameworks leveraging constructs like GBDS and/or Cloud GCP data lake and other capabilities, provide support in the execution of Global and Regional CCS initiatives to manage operational risk, streamlining, automation, etc. Coordinate with local IT/HOST in implementing data & information management solutions. Support and enable wider CCS operational reporting programs.
- In addition to the information management activities, the role will directly own the end-to-end execution of the CCS Information Management program, which includes data extraction, design, development and implementation of operational reports and dashboards for the EU region.
Impact on Business
- Lead the consolidation of EU & MENAT CCS (Collections, Underwriting and Credit Bureau) data to enable adequate management and optimization of CCS Operations across all sub-functions of CCS within the customer credit cycle
- Lead the standardization of CCS data tooling and architecture, and development of the data ecosystem to enable collections information insight through dashboard development and support advanced analytics for underwriting, collection and credit bureau operations
Customers / Stakeholders
- Support Regional Heads of Credit Control Services by enabling insight through adequate data and related global MI and dashboards to support underwriting and collections operations
- Interface with Global and Regional CDO teams to ensure adequate data governance and optimize effectiveness of data management
- Support Global and Regional Credit Control Services Operations Analytics teams by ensuring adequate data and related ecosystem is available to support CCS Operations
Leadership & Teamwork
- Communicate a clear vision that is aligned to the overall HSBC vision, values and goals, and inspires and engages people to create an inclusive, high performing, customer-centered culture.
- Lead, develop and motivate the leadership team to attract, retain and develop the capacity, capability and talent to provide for succession and ensure delivery of business objectives.
- Set expectations, share best practice and manage, monitor, coach and develop team leaders and others to ensure that they maximise their performance, meet the required standards, and continuously develop their capabilities and experience.
- Lead and encourage constructive cross-country and cross-business teamwork by demonstrating collaboration and matrix management in action and challenging actions and behaviours that are not consistent with HSBC's diversity policy and/or the best interests of the business and its customers.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Sets up quality control framework and ensures adherence and constant improvement.
- Take ownership and actively manage project timelines.
- Establishes effective communication and reporting processes.
- Identify opportunities to streamline and drive automation as per business needs and operational efficiency goals.
- Navigating, managing and communicating within a complex and matrixed organization across various global functions and geographies with multiple and diverse stakeholders
- Leveraging cross-function resources to ensure delivery of agreed actions.
- Understanding operational processes, technology and digital capabilities enablement and related risks
- Responsible to support the Retail Data and Decision Systems group as a C9 data work stream lead for EU region.
Management of Risk
- Maintain a robust and efficient control environment to ensure good operational, financial and project
- management and compliance with HSBC policy and procedures, together with early identification and effective resolution or escalation of issues that arise.
Observation of Internal Controls
- The jobholder will be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls and will implement the Group compliance policy by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- The jobholder will implement measures to contain compliance risk, achieved by liaising with Compliance department about business initiatives at the earliest opportunity, ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.