|Job Type:||Full Time|
Head of Communications EMEA
We are seeking an exceptional senior PR and communications manager to join our marketing team, reporting to the CMO. The role has responsibility for working closely with Corporate Communications and managing our external PR agency, initially for the UK and subsequently managing communications and resources for new regions. You will craft messages for external audiences and create, lead and execute communications that excite media targets. Close collaboration with the Head of Growth and Brand Lead will be needed to support campaigns and continuous programs that deliver on key business objectives.
You will also be responsible for influencer activity, managing communications planning, and execution across a wide range of media targets.
You will be a strategic and skilled PR practitioner used to developing and managing PR campaign platforms, have highly developed experience in media relations with credible media relationships in finance. You will also have experience of complex/crisis communications scenarios and accustomed to working closely with internal and external partners, press and stakeholders.
You will bring innovative approaches to communications and not be afraid to take considered risks or learn from failure. You will have experience managing communications in house, and/or in an agency, and ideally have worked on a pan-Europe basis.
This position provides a unique opportunity to operate in a hyper-collaborative way within the following firm-wide behaviours:
Put customers first
- Value common sense and simplicity over complexity
- Make decisions quickly and move nimbly
Celebrate diverse ideas
- Succeed and fail together as part of a team.
External Campaigns and Influencer Engagement
Develop external communications programs and narratives including product, business, policy, security and culture, aligned to the communications aspects of marketing and business development campaigns
Create and develop relationships with UK finance, banking and trade journalists in the UK, aligned to core firm purpose and audience
Proactively target news opportunities and forward features among national broadsheets, key sector media and news outlets
Be responsible for how the image of the firm is portrayed within all media outlets and all brand credits and communications to execute the public relations strategy
Develop ideas and execute newsworthy thought leadership and influencer campaigns, ensuring it supports the firm’s business development goals
Manage press programs for CEO, CMO and other key spokespeople.
Manage a press office and respond to media enquiries
Work closely with Content teams to help develop relevant communications content
Write editorial proposals, plans, press releases and media alerts.
Central / Corporate/ Regional
Build regionally-specific programs and events, hiring and managing local PR agencies where active
Ensure activity is rolled out in local markets in line with core PR and communications strategy
Hire and lead regional PR Managers across key EMEA markets including UK, Germany and France as local markets launch
Support external crisis communications planning and execution, in partnership with the global communications team
Act as a bridge between US Corporate Communications and EMEA
Work reciprocally with cross-functional teams to support company announcements
Become a trusted advisor to relevant company spokespeople and senior executives.
Support the firm’s social media channels by aligning to social activity to ensure communication with media, customers and influencers.
Communications Campaign Development and Execution
Partner with Content, Brand, Media, Partnerships and Analytics to drive cohesive campaigns and measurement through full customer lifecycle
Work with the wider organisation to build marketing partnerships and customer engagement programs
Partner with Product Team, Brand and Growth Leads to provide strategic and tactical PR and communications support Own the setting, monitoring and reporting of communications metrics and KPIs.
PR Agency Partnership
Lead and set inspiring direction for our PR agency to develop integrated, breakthrough communications strategies
Support PR agency to guide communications planning, development, analysis and assessment of integrated communications plans.
Support media partnership integrations to further key brand creative experiences.
Accountable for ensuring legal/compliance/risk and control requirements are met for all campaigns and appropriate approvals are obtained
Manage the communications budgets associated with managed PR programs.
Deep experience in financial services and/or fintech, either agency or in-house (preferably both)
- Proven track record of credible relationships with key journalists across digital, print and broadcast, with specific knowledge of finance press
- Professional writing skills for press releases and other communications
- Great communications strategist and skilled writer who can take a sophisticated approach to measuring impact on a regional and global level
- Ability to manage multiple agencies across regions, assuring they deliver to a high-standard on time and on budget
- Experience advising and supporting senior executives and gaining their confidence and trust
- Experience running an international team and supporting a global public company a plus
- Proven ability to work independently to develop, lead, and execute on large-scale plans and campaigns
- Comfortable making decisions in fast-paced, dynamic environments, as well as the judgement to raise appropriately
- Expertise in issues management, integrated communication, and navigating a global organisation
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and project management skills
- High energy with the ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously and to perform under pressure within tight deadlines
- Creativity and innovation focus with an eye on constant, measured improvement
- Previous people management/team lead experience
- Experience working for or with PR agencies is a must
- Bachelor's Degree required.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.