|Job Type:||Full Time|
Windows Devices and Deployment Support Escalation Engineer
Microsoft envisions a mobile-first, cloud-empowered world. A world of endless possibilities. A world where passionate innovators come to collaborate in order to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We’re a glimpse ahead, reinventing the way we work, play, learn and do business. Bring your vision to ours!
The Windows Devices and Deployment Support Escalation Engineer is a trusted advisor to fellow IT Professionals, using broad and in-depth troubleshooting skills and product knowledge to solve challenging technical problems. Frequently, these problems will not only be technically complex, but will also require a customer oriented mindset. You will have a chance to contribute to keeping up and running various environments for some of the world’s largest companies.
- You will represent Microsoft in front of the customer and resolve complex technical issues involving Microsoft products and services.
- Act as a technical focal point in relationships with other companies.
- Exhibit leadership through personal responsibility, accountability and teamwork.
- (Occasionally) Frequently manage critical situations on technical and relationship level.
- Troubleshooting skills and use of builtin or standalone tools to take verbose traces and logs.
- Use trace analysis or debugging skills to analyze problems and develop solutions to meet customer needs.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills, while working with diverse audiences including IT professionals and admins, developers and management.
We are looking for people who:
- Are smart and intellectually curious,
- Seek a challenging work experience,
- Want to learn and gain greater expertise in their field,
- Are interested in a wide range of professional development opportunities,
- Enjoy providing the highest level of customer experience,
- Work with passion, while having fun, and act in an honest and ethical manner,
Advanced knowledge in configuring, administrating and troubleshooting of Microsoft® Windows Products including Windows Server 2003/XP, Windows Server 2008/R2/Win7, Windows Server 2012/R2/Win8/Win8.1, Win10/Server 2016.
Industry experience in configuring, administrating and troubleshooting Operating Systems.
Industry experience with troubleshooting tools and log review.
Knowledge of Datacenter technologies (Administration of Operating Systems, Virtualization, Storage, Backup, Failover Clustering, Update Services).
Knowledge of Desktop technologies (Setup and Deployment, Activation, Servicing Windows, Bitlocker encryption, Printing, Terminal Server, Shell, Devices, App-V).
If you do not possess in-depth knowledge of the above, we require you to have general IT knowledge we can build upon, coupled with high desire and motivation to develop yourself into a technology expert. We offer a new hire ramp-up program with a senior mentor, diverse technical and soft-skill training and access to Microsoft certifications and possibility to travel abroad for professional development.
We are a diverse team delivering industry-leading services across the globe. We strive to be our customers’ and partners’ trusted advisors, by helping them through our expertise to fuel some of the largest and most complex IT solutions in the world. We are constantly exposed to cutting-edge software, services and devices and are proud to shape future technologies. We grow professionally through coaching from experienced mentors and through focused career development programs reaching into a wide range of opportunities.
We take care of each engineer in our team through diverse benefits. We take your career seriously at Microsoft and will ensure that we provide regular reviews throughout the year to offer continuous feedback and support to inspire you, develop your skills and ensure your personal satisfaction and growth. The Microsoft performance philosophy recognizes higher performance with bigger rewards through a formal annual performance review.
Please note that your resume will be entered in our database and may be used in further recruitment events. Only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.