Role Title: Senior Digital Customer Marketing Manager
New or Existing Role- New
- Digital is at the heart of our Retail Banking and Wealth Management customer growth strategy, with aggressive targets to grow digital engagement and acquisition over the next 3-5 years.
- This is a critical role with a key focus on supporting and implementing the current and future martech roadmap, digital strategies and developing the skills, capabilities and marketing operating models to unlock the full potential of the technology across all our markets.
- The role holder will be a digital champion within the organization. Working in partnership with digital, data analytics and local market teams you will be responsible for implementing our digital marketing strategy to drive a step change in our digital marketing capabilities and deliver on our ambitious customer growth and revenue targets.
- The successful candidate will have proven experience in delivering successful digital strategies across all channels and have extensive experience to develop and deliver digital content and campaigns. Build relationships with Brand and DAAC to ensure all digital journeys embody the brand vision.
- Strong experience of working within a large, global business building trust in a complex matrix organisation, with the ability to influence disparate stakeholders and to align deliverables across local and global teams, building strong relationships across multiple functions and markets.
- This role is responsible for people management of virtual teams in a matrix environment when working with other parts of the bank and across multiple agencies in order to direct others, set objectives and drive the desired outcomes.
- More specifically you will:
- Support define and deliver the top line Digital Marketing strategy and principles for RBWM
- Champion innovation in Digital Marketing to drive brand awareness and engagement
- Work in collaboration with digital teams, to deliver the strategy, enabling continuous delivery of outstanding content to engage and support customers
- Work across teams to embed visibility of HSBC brand equity in digital environments
- Work with local Digital Marketing teams to meet the delivery demand of regions / markets
- Champion rapid test & learn approaches, trialing new segmentation, media buying tactics, messaging construct and product offers and engendering a culture of “learning through doing” with a clear focus on developing dynamic creative optimisation capabilities
- Develop and optimise global relationships with partners, publishers, technology and content providers to deliver outstanding customer experiences and seamless journeys.
- Build strong relationships with Digital Content, Digital Data, and Optimisation teams
- Connect and share best practices with all HSBC markets and drive applications of learnings or trial techniques
Impact on Business
- Has a clear understanding of customer needs, market trends and mobile first technologies and defines a digital communication strategy that puts these front and center.
- Enable increased speed to market and marketing efficiency through technology enablement in marketing.
- Build content capability that is sustainable and cost efficient.
- Create compelling rationale for and clear governance around use of social media channels.
- Follow agile principles to make sure data are available to spur cutting-edge customer experience and retention strategies.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Build strong relationships, adopting a joined up approach to execute change at pace with minimum conflict.
- Stakeholders include, but not limited to the following:
- Digital as a Channel (DaaC)
- Senior Marketing Managers
- RBWM Products and Propositions
- Digital Product Management teams (local and global)
- Digital capability teams: Content, Data, Optimisation, enablement
- Marketing, software delivery.
- Other senior stakeholders from HSBC Digital Services organisation
- Other CVM stakeholders
- Current and potential External stakeholders and partners including Google, Adobe, NewsCred, Facebook, LinkedIn etc.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Responsible for people management of virtual teams in a matrix environment when working with other parts of the bank and across multiple agencies in order to direct others, set objectives and drive the desired outcomes.
- Cultivate an environment that supports diversity, reflects HSBC values and enables team members to thrive.
- Champions an “outside in” approach, focusing on understanding customers and identifying best in class performance and behavior from outside HSBC and FS.
- Build a culture of continuous improvement in customer experience and capability development.
- Seeks opportunities to integrate, simplify and streamline activity through involvement of teams in the geographic and functional matrix.
- Consistently clear and constructive communicator able to encourage open communication and collaboration across multiple stakeholders.
- Constructively challenge the status quo to drive improvements for customers and colleagues.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Individual continuously manages key risks, issues and interdependencies. He or she determines and applies appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Ensures an equal and balanced focus is maintained on operating and regulatory risks and mitigates these in a manner that protects HSBC’s brand.
- Ensures collaboration with key support functions such as Risk, Compliance and HR to ensure alignment of policies and plans.
- Implements Global Standards, Financial Crime Compliance and Risk considerations in an aligned manner within the context of the RBWM digital strategy.
- Working under pressure, flexibility to redesign solutions in the face of ongoing change and iterative development, coordination of a diverse suite of stakeholders, optimization of resources against complex technical deployments.
- HSBC has evolved over its 150+ year history and its adoption of electronic channels can be seen as being as important as the development of the business in emerging countries. Achieving a leading position in this aspect of Financial Services will take a number of years requiring the development of new capabilities and competencies with which the Mgmt. of the bank and the current culture is largely unfamiliar.
- Ensuring that all HSBC RBWM services offer outstanding Digital customer experience and fully deliver on the brand promise and a coherent Digital Strategy.
- Provide market-leading, compelling Digital marketing capability and experiences that are fully leveraged by markets to drive a step change in effectiveness and impact.
- Driving out waste and duplication, streamlining and standardising processes and taking out paper/ manual processes where appropriate.
- The role will sit within Global Customer Marketing, RBWM and be based in London. As the role has a global remit there will be a need for some overseas travel. Key objectives and governance of the deliverables in this role will be agreed by the hiring manager.
- This role holder will be expected to operate within a team to development, deployment and management of the initiatives within their remit. Responsibilities will include working closely with global, regional and local teams.
- To support the Global Head of Digital Transformation deliver projects and drive change at pace across multiple geographies.
- Oversight of Global and Local marketing plans and joint reasonable for management of the team budget and process and controls
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of all customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation. This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours required to support the Best Place to Bank principles as in the UK and other market equivalents of Make Better Products, Sell Them Properly and Keep Them Sold.
- The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
Observation of Internal Controls
- The jobholder should continuously demonstrate compliance with relevant internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points.
- The jobholder will adhere to any relevant Group compliance policies. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity.