Role Title: Senior Customer Marketing Delivery Manager - Campaigns, RBWM
New or Existing Role – New
- RBWM Customer Marketing is focussed on supporting the strategic and revenue growth priorities of HSBC. The function champions deep understanding of customers and identifies, develops, executes and optimises Marketing strategies, campaigns and activities that support and strengthen the HSBC brand, engage and attract customers and deliver sustainable business growth.
- This new role is responsible for supporting the HO RBWM Customer Marketing Delivery in leading the implementation of pan RBWM (and cross business line where relevant) Marketing strategies, initiatives and campaigns ensuring that all activity, regardless of channel, is strategically aligned, cohesive and relevant for the market in which it lands. The role is accountable for the development and implementation of regional and global campaigns and gives guidance to countries on local campaigns, sharing best practice as appropriate.
- This is a role that requires strong project management skills, a passion for compelling communications propositions, a focus on attention to detail, and an ability to operate in a senior management enviornment. This role forms part of a dynamic team that spans the delivery of global and local marketing plans.
- Holders of this role are expected to demonstrate a good understanding of key trends and areas of innovation which influence the way we interact and engage with our external customers, internal stakeholders and audiences. These should include digital marketing, 121 customer communications, new technology, Marketing Automation, Customer Relationship Management, Agile working practices, and data, tech and analytical tools, and how this helps HSBC to be more customer centric.
- The role holder is responsible for:
- Owning and managing all internal stakeholder and external agency relationships relevant to the role, ensuring budgets and agency outputs are continuously optimised in line with performance metrics and business stakeholder feedback.
- Ensuring that clear statements of work are in place and are regularly reviewed with partner agencies both at a global and local level, and that our requests to partner agencies are strategically aligned and streamlined.
- Co-ordinating across delivery/channel/subject matter expertise teams within the central Marketing unit, ensuring that all non-campaign deliverables such as internal engagement and sales enablement materials are consistent with customer-facing communications and campaign activity.
Impact on Business
- Marketing Strategy
- Marketing Innovation
- Return on Marketing Investment
- Manage reputation risk
- Build and embed sustainable communications platforms to support market lead acquisition strategies.
- Working with markets and marketing proposition teams, define and develop customer engagement strategies, including Tone of Voice, lifecycle management, content strategies and proposition partnerships.
- Working with PR, markets and key stakeholders, support the implementation of key market launches, ensuring that propositional marketing is embedded and continuously optimised.
- Delivery and embedding of the Group’s marketing programs that are appropriate to target key business and brand customer groups which will support the Group’s strategic goals and business objectives and positively impact the HSBC brand health scores as measured by the Global Brand Tracker.
- Partner with Senior Marketing Management to ensure ROI is being implemented and reported, and be an agent for change.
- Be a source of best practice, strategic and advisory on ROI reporting on all activity.
- Deliver and embed cross-RBWM programmes and campaigns and cross-business line activity.
- Accountable for ensuring global cohesion across RBWM communication and best practice across RBWM communications activity.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Build strong internal and external relationships, adopting a joined up approach to execute change at pace with minimum conflict.
- Stakeholder feedback and engagement. Stakeholders include, but are not limited to:
- Market Heads of Marketing
- Market Heads of Propositions and products
- Local heads of Digital as a Channel (DaaC)
- Local distribution teams
- Global Marketing leads across propositions and products
- CMB / GMB marketing leads
- Digital Product Management teams (local and global)
- Digital as a Channel teams: Content, Data, Optimisation, VADM.
- External stakeholders and partners, including, but not limited to, Creative Agencies, Insight Agencies, Proposition Development agencies and Content agencies and providers
Leadership & Teamwork
- Responsible for people management of virtual teams in a matrix environment when working with other parts of the bank and across multiple agencies in order to direct others, set objectives and drive the desired outcomes.
- Cultivate an environment that supports diversity, reflects HSBC values and enables team members to thrive.
- Champions an “outside in” approach, focusing on understanding customers and identifying best in class performance and behavior from outside HSBC and FS.
- Build a culture of continuous improvement in customer experience and capability development.
- Seeks opportunities to integrate, simplify and streamline activity through involvement of teams in the geographic and functional matrix.
- Consistently clear and constructive communicator able to encourage open communication and collaboration across multiple stakeholders.
- Constructively challenge the status quo to drive improvements for customers and colleagues.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Manage Reputational and Operational Risk for RBWM Customer Marketing
- Working under pressure, flexibility to redesign solutions in the face of ongoing change and iterative development, coordination of a diverse suite of stakeholders, optimization of resources against complex technical deployments.
- Operating across multiple markets to ensure creative is compelling and commercially strong and delivers key business targets.
- Identifying and consistently focusing on a clear target audience and ensuring that HSBC propositions and marketing strategy are relevant, compelling and engaging for the identified target group.
- To manage the delivery of marketing campaigns effectively in a matrix organisation across diverse stakeholders and geographies
- To deal with range of complex issues, with conflicting and changing priorities.
- To drive brand health/growth, trade and active customer base growth in a reduced cost environment, with measurement and effectiveness at its core
- To stay abreast of external developments in regulation, market trends and competitor activity
- To challenge the status quo with peers
- The jobholder sits within Global Customer Marketing, RBWM and works with multiple partners within and beyond Global Marketing. The role has a strong degree of matrix management required to work closely with RBWM customer marketing colleagues, developing and embedding compelling creative platforms and campaigns.
- Oversight of Global and Local marketing plans and joint reasonable for a budget for circa $5m
- The jobholder is responsible for ensuring that Operational Risk is managed in accordance with the Group Standards Manual and the Operations FIM
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.