Role Title: Senior Customer Marketing Manager - International, Wealth & AMG
New or Existing Role- New
- The Global Marketing function is focused on supporting the strategic and revenue growth priorities of the Bank. The function focuses on understanding customers and the identification, development and execution of Marketing strategies, campaigns and activities that support and strengthen the HSBC brand, support the drive for revenue and increase customer value and satisfaction in order to meet agreed targets and objectives at both a global and market level.
- This role is part of the Global RBWM Customer marketing team and while the role may primarily support a specific business, you will be required to work across the spectrum of Propositions and Products, as required.
- As a Senior Manager Marketing within the Global RBWM Customer Marketing team, one of the key responsibilities will be to translate business opportunities into Marketing strategies. To do so effectively, we believe you will need the below capabilities and outlook:
- You need to be able to join the dots across consumer insights, internal / external data and business opportunities to develop a robust and incisive marketing strategy.
- You need to be able to distill and present information in a way that makes sense for the business as well as the agency partners.
- You need to be comfortable working across a spectrum of stakeholders including Marketing, Analytics, Insights, Products, Propositions, Compliance, Legal, PR and Agencies.
- The role will include working on strategies pertaining to acquisition, engagement, brand development and customer experience for the specific customer segment.
- You need to be able to work in a collaborative way with the marketing teams in countries / regions, but at the same try and elevate the conversation so they can get a wider view of the global business ambitions.
- You need to be passionate about problem solving in a creative way without losing focus on the business objective.
- The role will require you to challenge in a constructive way to ensure the best outcome for the customer, business and the brand.
- You need to be comfortable with working in a ‘test and learn’ environment, where perfection is not the ambition, but adding incremental sustainable value in a short period of time is the key consideration. You also need to be comfortable with failure, but focus on building a learn fast attitude within the team.
- You need to have a strong understanding of the financial services industry and the revenue drivers across products and propositions.
- It is important that you have a curiosity about why people behave in a certain way and how does that translate to a business opportunity.
- You need to have a world view to ensure you appreciate the local nuances across our markets, rather than applying one size fits all approach.
- Be comfortable working in an individual contributor role and delivering on the plan.
- Ability to prioritise based on customer / business impact.
- You need to be able to strategise as well as think through implementation with the same ease.
- You will need strong project management skills to ensure pace in delivery and manage the budget assigned to you in an efficient manner.
- The role will need a basic level of knowledge in Digital Marketing.
- Ideally, you should have worked in a country marketing / business team previously so you understand the process of campaign delivery / proposition development.
- International, Wealth & AMG – This rolespecifically leads the marketing strategy for the International, Wealth & Asset Management businesses. International, Wealth & Asset Management are absolutely integral to HSBC, given we are one of the few truly global banks. The key focus will be to identify the key International, Wealth & Asset Management customer segments, help develop propositions that are relevant to their unique needs over and above what the generic propositions provide, based on specific insights. Develop marketing strategies to target prospects for International, Wealth & Asset Management across customer types. Another opportunity will be to commercialise the home, host and offshore relationships of these customers by integrating International, Wealth & Asset Management benefits across propositions. A key focus will be Overseas Chinese and Indians across our International corridors.
Impact on Business
- Clearly articulate the target customer profile.
- Develop and deliver the marketing strategy for RBWM products.
- Identify key insights that help develop the proposition.
- Keep track of competitive developments in this space.
- Identify business opportunities based on internal/external data and unmet consumer needs.
- Design effective and measurable multi-channel Marketing campaigns that support business objectives and can be used consistently across the markets.
- Ensure all activity communicates strong customer propositions to targeted client segments based on insight.
- Responsible for the creative development process, including agency relationships and processes to support creativity and consistency throughout the markets.
- Manage relevant aspects of brand governance in terms of guidance, framework and templates and the processes that support their use.
- Provide best practice and insights to markets regarding this customer segment.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with a range of key stakeholders across Marketing (Global/ Region/Country), Insights, Propositions, Product, Analytics, Legal, Compliance.
- Manage a broad range of agencies (e.g. creative, media and digital) to ensure timely delivery of campaign materials for international, Wealth & AMG sites.
- Manage virtual teams in a matrix environment when working with other parts of the bank and across multiple agencies in order to direct others, set objectives and drive the desired outcomes.
- Keep abreast of customer needs and latest Marketing trends within the industry via all opportunities whether face-to-face, online or via research.
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Coach and develop the team members that are part of your team.
- Support achievement of the HSBC vision, Values, goals and culture in personal behaviour, actions and decision making.
- Provide technical leadership and support technical excellence by searching out external best practice, monitoring technical and professional developments, sharing knowledge and encouraging others to do the same in the best interests of HSBC and its customers.
- Encourage and enable constructive cross-country and cross-business teamwork by demonstrating collaboration and matrix management in action and challenging actions and behaviours that are not consistent with HSBC's diversity policy and/or the best interests of the business and its customers.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Develop and recommend changes and improvements to operating models, procedures and practices based on subject matter expertise and understanding of HSBC and market best practice.
- Communicate and adhere to HSBC policy and procedures in order to ensure good operational, financial and project management, policy and procedural compliance and early identification and effective resolution or escalation of issues that arise.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of a Marketing management information, analysis and reporting framework that supports and informs timely and effective business management and decision making at all levels.
- Contribute to the implementation and monitoring of the application of Marketing policies, governance frameworks, procedures, practices and standards to ensure quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance.
- You primary responsibility is to identify business opportunities and develop marketing strategies to help address them.
- You will support, guide and lead as required in working across the matrix organisation to deliver on the marketing strategy. You will work with a strong degree of autonomy and are expected to work independently on leading and delivering marketing strategy initiatives, seeking guidance when necessary.
- You will exercise broad discretion to meet job requirements, but have to adhere to relevant guidelines and are expected to consult the Senior management when risks or issues arise that may impact business strategy and delivery.
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation.
- This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours that form part of the HSBC Values and culture and adhering to HSBC risk policies and procedures, including notification and escalation of any concerns and taking required action in relation to points raised by audit and/or external regulators.
- The jobholder is responsible for managing and mitigating operational risks in their day to day operations. In executing these responsibilities, the Group has adopted risk management and internal control structure referred to as the ‘Three Lines of Defence’. The jobholder should ensure they understand their position within the Three Lines of Defence, and act accordingly in line with operational risk policy, escalating in a timely manner where they are unsure of actions required.
- Through the implementation the Global AML, Sanctions and ABC Policies, supporting Guidance, and Line of Business Procedures the jobholder will make informed decisions in accordance with the core principles of HSBC's Financial Crime Risk Appetite.
- The following statement is only for roles with core responsibilities in Operational Risk Management (Risk Owner, Control Owner, Risk Steward, BRCM, and Operational Risk Function.
- The jobholder has responsibility for overseeing and ensuring that Operational risks are managed in accordance with the Group Standards Manual, Risk FIM, & relevant guidelines & standards. The jobholder should comply with the detailed expectations and responsibilities for their core role in operational risk management through ensuring all actions take account of operational risks, and through using the Operational Risk Management Framework appropriately to manage those risks.
- This will be achieved by:
- Continuously reassessing risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- Ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring, addressing areas of concern in conjunction with Risk and relevant line colleagues, and also by ensuring that actions resulting from points raised by internal or external audits, and external regulators, are correctly implemented in a timely fashion.
- Ensure the end to end adoption of all aspects of supplier performance management in managing vendor relationships, including commercial terms, on-boarding, contracts, supplier performance, risk and payment.
Observation of Internal Controls
- The jobholder will adhere to, and be able to demonstrate adherence to, internal controls and will implement the Group compliance policy by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures.
- The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.