|Job Type:||Full Time|
Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people and technology. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to access applications on any device at any time, while still enforcing strong security protections. It integrates directly with an organisation’s existing directories and identity systems, as well as 4,000+ applications.
Because Okta runs on an integrated platform, organisations can implement the service quickly at large scale and low total cost.
Thousands of customers, including Adobe, Allergan, Nasdaq, LinkedIn, and 20th Century Fox, trust Okta to help their organisations work faster, boost revenue, and stay secure. To learn more about Okta, visit: https://www.okta.com.
The opportunity for Okta is massive: any company is a company we can make more productive and more secure. As every company becomes a technology company, Okta is the foundation that lets them make this transition successfully. Our vision is to bring the benefits of Identity to every company.
To help us achieve this ambitious growth objective we are seeking a seasoned regional marketing professional to create leverage for the business through field marketing activities that create and accelerate pipeline.
The Snr. Manager, Regional Marketing for the UK & Ireland is responsible for planning, organising and executing a wide range of direct to end-user and through channel demand programs that generate new prospects and advance existing opportunities for the sales team. He or she will act as liaison between marketing and partner and field sales teams as well as centralised demand functions such as the EMEA demand centre, and the EMEA partner marketing function.
The successful candidate will be expected to plan and execute Account Based Marketing programs such as account intelligence gathering and demand creation in agreed-upon large accounts to support sales goals in the UK & Ireland. They will work closely with the EMEA demand centre and the product marketing functions to develop or leverage existing assets that will support multi-touch, multi-dimensional programs including both inbound and outbound tactics.
The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of GDPR best practices in the UK and Ireland and will be expected to integrate a detailed contact acquisition strategy in all programs. He or she will have proven experience of managing vendor relationships and negotiating terms that comply with the GDPR.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement lead generation and pipeline acceleration programs jointly with field sales and channel sales
- Translate sales objectives (both opportunity-based and relationship-based) into objectives and marketing project plans
- Research, choose, design and manage events to be included as tactics in the overall marketing mix, and ensure there is a cohesive pre-event, at-event and post event strategy to increase engagement and response rates
- Support the sales leadership in selecting the most appropriate accounts for Account Based Marketing (ABM) program execution
- Educate account managers on the potential role of ABM within their accounts, execute ABM programs in collaboration with them, and demonstrate how they can execute program elements on their own
- Proactively engage with the Top 5 Partners in the region to create tailored through channel demand plans that support the goals of the local channel sales leadership
- Leverage partner-ready demand creation programs, tools and kits created by the EMEA partner marketing function
- Evaluate, select and manage vendors that contribute to local demand creation programs including events venues and services, digital marketing agencies, direct mail providers, designers, copywriters and list brokers
- Put in place a robust process to forecast, measure, analyse and report on impact of all programs
- Proactively engage with sales stakeholders to coordinate, communicate, and optimise the impact of marketing activities
- Communicate and educate the sales team regarding new and planned marketing activities including global, regional and local programs
- Integrate contact acquisition strategy in all programs and regularly report on progress of database gains
- Work closely with the EMEA demand centre and the product marketing functions to ensure that all newly developed messages, assets and creatives are on brand, on message and approved by the legal team
- Actively pursue opportunities for Customer Endorsement (e.g. as Case Studies, Press Releases, Supporting Quotes)
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Has worked in a b-to-b business within the IT industry (experience in a high growth of Cloud business an advantage)
- Has excellent understanding of the Sirius Decision demand waterfall model and of the demand waterfall processes and metrics
- Proven track record of running successful Account Based Marketing programs
- Has deep understanding of GDRP best practice in marketing, and proven experience of running successful contact acquisition strategies
- Has excellent experience of driving, managing and executing marketing activities with channel partners
- Ability to consistently produce results on time and within budget
- Ability to align tactical plans with local business strategies
- Excellent communications skills, with proven experience of successfully managing relationships with senior sales stakeholders
- Inbound and outbound marketing strategy/execution experience and good understanding of digital marketing best practices
- Ability to demonstrate track record of success in all key areas of responsibility
TECHNOLOGY SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Sales tools (e.g. Good knowledge of account planning, playbooks, ROI/TCO tools)
- Sales force automation systems (Excellent working knowledge of campaign management in SalesForce.com)
- Marketing automation platforms (Theoretical understanding of Marketo needed)
- Strong Microsoft Office skills required
- Partner relationship management (e.g. tools such as Birch)
- Partner portals (Proven experience of managing updates to Partner Intranets)
- Business intelligence (Working knowledge of Tableau)
- Deal registration (Proven experience of working with Deal Registration systems and processes)
- A data driven marketer who is passionate about forecasting and measuring the impact of programs
- A self-starter who can manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- An excellent communicator, who has proven experience of successfully managing relationships with senior sales stakeholders
- Ability to manage the daily execution and monitoring of multiple campaigns
- An excellent problem solver who is detail oriented, collaborative and proactive
- An innovator who follows marketing technology trends
- Comfortable with travel in region
SUCCESS METRICS - Success in this role will be measured against the following KPIs:
- Stakeholder satisfaction with individual’s output
- Sourced and Influenced pipeline and ROI of all programs
- Demand waterfall conversion metrics
- Database growth and health
- Budget management accuracy
- Forecast accuracy
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.