|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you interested in helping secure the Internet of Things (IoT)? Nine billion microcontroller-based devices are shipped every year, and our team builds Azure Sphere, the recently announced Microsoft end-to-end solution for highly-secured, Internet-connected microcontroller devices. Thousands of businesses are now undergoing a digital transformation to connect their microcontroller-based devices to the internet, and our goal is to securely enable this transformation.
We're looking for engineers to join the newly formed Azure Sphere Customer Acceleration Team (CAT). As its name implies, the CAT team is customer-focussed: we provide technical assistance to strategic customers and partners to maximize their adoption and success with Azure Sphere. As a CAT team member, your primary skills will be technical (embedded software development, cloud connectivity, security, hardware interfaces, and more) but you will also need to be able to work directly with customers to understand and solve their problems using your technical skills.
Come join us! Azure Sphere team members have unparalleled opportunity to learn new skill sets, build pioneering solutions, and get exposure to a wide array of technologies. To learn more about what we do, please visit www.microsoft.com/en-us/azure-sphere.
- Rapidly develop knowledge of the full Azure Sphere software stack and the current Azure Sphere hardware platforms
- Work with the CAT Team Lead and with customers to understand customer goals and help them build Azure-Sphere-based solutions to achieve those goals
- Build application prototypes for customers and conduct experiments to evaluate alternative architectures
- Take end-to-end responsibility for the development, quality, testability, and testing of the software you build
- Collect and document customer insights so the Azure Sphere engineering teams can improve the platform
- Five or more years of software design and development experience, including one or more years’ experience designing and developing embedded software
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related discipline OR an additional 4 years' work experience
- Experience developing production software using C or C++
- Three or more years’ experience designing and developing embedded software
- Experience developing cloud-based software (Azure preferred)
- Experience developing on Linux
- Experience working directly with customers
- Proven experience working through the full product cycle from initial design to the final product
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Secure Screen: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check and credit history analysis upon hire/transfer and every year thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.