|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you a cost management expert seeking a new challenge?
Interested in joining a leading multi-million-pound organisation to work on a range of exciting schemes?
Do you wish to take on a role with excellent opportunities for long term career progression?
If so, please read on…
We are looking for a Technical Principal with a high level of expertise in cost management who will provide technical leadership at a regional or global level.
The role will involve:
* Lead the co-ordination of the practice, bringing together professionals across Mott MacDonald to share best practice, case studies and technical expertise
* Play an active role in establishing relationships with the appropriate professional bodies, contributing to the development of the practice
* Write and encourage others to write papers for industry literature and Mott MacDonald publications
* Represent the practice at relevant conferences through contributing and giving presentations to industry
* Own and lead development of the practice site, encouraging other professionals across Mott MacDonald to share information, and the input of practice material to the WIN site through link to the WIN team
* Own and develop the Technical Development map and lead the training and professional development of staff in the practice
* Support account leaders in communicating our service offering to clients with client visits and marketing material
* Take part in bid reviews for technically complex or unusual projects
* Provide input to proposals for technically complex or unusual projects
* Undertake or support project reviews to ensure technical compliance and good practice are being followed
* Promote the sharing of best practice and lessons learnt from across the practice through development of a professional network
* Develop relationships with linked practices to promote connected thinking
* Manage delegated annual PE budget to broadly deliver;
- Key initiatives
- Technology planning and the move towards Digital by default
- Development of Technical Standards/ Knowledge database
- Development of / sourcing of technical training to support ongoing development of staff
- Alignment with industry bodies to ensure we are at the leading edge of the profession
* A professional with extensive experience in the delivery of services to multiple industries, projects, programmes and organisations.
* Previous experience of engaging with industry through conference presentations, literature or thought leadership
* Experienced in supporting business development through creating relationships with clients, developing service proposals, bid writing and marketing
* Able to articulate intelligence to senior management or board members and influence development of the practice
* Experienced in the development of services including the co-ordination of resources, setting internal standards, training and development of junior professionals
A bit about us
Mott MacDonald is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the world. We are a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an The advisory and programme delivery division delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity from £million's to £20bn, through the technical disciplines of programme management, project management, project controls, scheduling, cost management, estimating, infrastructure finance, management consulting, digital consulting, education and healthcare management.