Role Title: Head of UX and Design
Business: Global Private Banking
New or Existing Role? New
- The Head of UX and Visual Design will lead the compelling and creative experiences that strike a balance between the consumers’ intent and the business’s needs. The Head of UX & Visual Design plays the strategic role of aligning the product’s roadmap with consumer/market needs, hereby, creating balanced and elegant product solutions amidst constraints in the product’s technical framework. The role of Head of UX is both a hands-on and strategic role that demands that its occupier have a solid background in the conceptualizing, designing, and creating first-class product experiences for the product’s consumers.
- Although the core focus of the Head of UX is the facilitation of product experience creation, he/she also assists in the ground product marketing and product advocacy guiding the consumers through the product experience and leading them to all of the product’s key usability points, hence, optimizing the consumers’ experience as a whole.
- The Head of UX, for effective performance of his functions, has to be aware and conversant with all aspects of the product and its features. This is not only on the basis of his position as the head of the UX department but also for purposes of accountability to the Head of Digital and stakeholders and excellent product evangelism/advocacy to the consumers.
- In this capacity, the Head of UX monitors and drives the product all the way from creation of design concepts to the final launch of the product as well as post-launch monitoring and analysis.
- This is a leadership role which involves building, leading, and growing a highly collaborative team; inclusive of the Lead Of UX/UI, Visual Designer, Senior Visual Designer, Interaction Designer, Senior Interaction Designer, UX Researcher, and Senior UX Researcher and other product departments. He also champions for the fusion of the consumer experience through the development of consumer plans to be utilized by this collaborative team.
What you’ll do
- You’ll own the UX and visual design for all of HSBC Private Bank’s digital products and services. This means working with HSBC Group stakeholders take our digital brand forward and taking ownership of our UX/Visual design standards for digital experiences. The role will involve building a UXL (User Experience language) as well as a pattern library that will be used across the entire Digital channels lifecycle.
- As a practitioner, you’ll take a hands on approach to working with product teams and stakeholders. You’ll work directly with digital product leads to create experiences which deliver on client and business needs. You’ll work with our agencies to adapt and develop our standards based on these experiences and to support their work in delivery.
About the role:
- You will have been developing responses to complex digital ecosystem problems for 10+ years.
- You will therefore have good experience and competency across of a wide range of design tools, design software, techniques, UX methodologies and processes - and know when to use them. You have broad experience across the full design spectrum but deep specialist knowledge of UX design and always ensure the highest quality output, rooted in a deep understanding of your audience.
Impact on Business
- Build and implement the GPB UX/UI strategy
- Own the Digital UX and Visual Design standards and content library for HSBC Private Bank
- Build and manage a team of UX and UI designers
- Formulate the design strategy and turn it into actionable UX
- Take a systematic and pragmatic approach to UX design
- Develop and produce artefacts across the full design spectrum as required by projects (sketches, prototypes, storyboards, annotated wireframes, experience maps and narrative)
- Manage design and brand stakeholders within the Private Bank and HSBC Group
- Give clear direction to implementation teams to bring your UX to life
- Eloquently and simply present, explain and justify design solutions and decisions to multidisciplinary teams
- Build and manage relationships across the bank
- Be an active, motivated and inspired member of the team