|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are seeking an International Tax Senior Analyst for our dynamic and growing tax team based in our London offices at Victoria and Angel.
You will be an integral member of Expedia Group's International Tax Team, supporting the Vrbo brand. You will work in cooperation with other members of the Tax and Finance teams to execute tax compliance, reporting and advisory functions.
Our international team based across the US, Singapore and London enjoys work/life balance, a strong and friendly work culture, and benefits from a supportive leadership team. We are a team that is passionate about travel and international tax.
What You'll Do
You will work with our team and our advisors to manage compliance, reporting, controversy and advisory related matters in all EMEA jurisdictions in which we operate. You will have an enthusiastic, flexible approach equipping you to deal with day to day responsibilities including:
- Overseeing and reviewing corporate income tax returns and tax payments prepared by our outsourced providers
- Assisting with responding to tax audits from foreign tax authorities
- Coordinate and work with the Global Tax Reporting team on quarterly and year-end US GAAP tax provision
- Supporting the wider EMEA international team in respect of researching tax implications of new business initiatives and tax advisory projects
- Work closely with Finance/Accounting teams on tax related matters
- Keep up to date with tax issues and changes in relevant territories
Who You Are
You have demonstrated tax experience either in-house or with a public accounting firm, and are a fully qualified ACA or CTA (or equivalent)
In addition you'll have a detailed understanding of a tax regime of at least one major European country.
Strengths You'll Need
Do you have strong inter-personal skills and enjoy working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment? We are looking for someone with the following strengths:
- Strong organisational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to approach problems from a commercial perspective
- Takes ownership of career and self-development
- Enjoy building relationships and collaborating in a team environment
- Experienced multitasker, with a focus on effective prioritisation
- Ability to utilise tax knowledge and previous experience to contribute to meeting the department's objectives
- Excel in a dynamic, rapidly changing and fast-growing organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares. If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.