|Job Type:||Full Time|
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional, and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
The Legal Department of JPMorgan Chase & Co provides legal services and advice to the Firm globally. Legal is responsible for, among other things:
- managing actual and potential litigation and enforcement matters, including internal reviews and investigations related to such matters
- advising on products and services, including contract negotiation and documentation
- advising on offering and marketing documents and new business initiatives
- managing dispute resolution
- interpreting existing laws, rules and regulations, and advising on changes thereto
- advising on advocacy in connection with contemplated and proposed laws, rules and regulations, and
- providing legal advice to the Board of Directors, the business and functions. Legal selects, engages and manages outside counsel for the Firm on all matters in which outside counsel is engaged.
- Provision of legal guidance and expertise to the Depositary Services Business and its regulated funds business throughout Europe, specifically although not limited to Ireland, Luxembourg, the Nordics, Netherlands, Belgium, and the UK, including general advice, negotiation and drafting of transaction documentation and contracts.
- Providing day-to-day legal advice and guidance in relation to the flow business and generally, ad hoc legal advice, as required.
- Working with the Depositary Services Business and the respective industry groups to assess and implement new regulatory requirements.
- Assessing legal risk, advising on such risk and reviewing policies and procedures and processing changes to mitigate risk.
- Instructing and liaising with external counsel, as required.
- Advising on key legal/regulatory issues.
- Participation in strategic projects and the development of operational processes which have a legal impact.
- Liaising with Business representatives and legal/compliance colleagues and other control functions (e.g. credit, tax etc) in EMEA and globally (US and Asia).
We are looking for a highly motivated lawyer with the ability to work independently supporting a fast-paced and dynamic business who will work closely with the Depositary Services Business, liaising with other corporate functions within J.P. Morgan as required. The role is based in the Legal Department and involves a proportionate amount of time being spent with the Business on the trading floor.
Substantial post qualification experience with a City law firm or equivalent experience as lawyer obtained in private practice or in-house.
- Strong background in fund structures and advising on significant regulatory developments such as AIFMD and UCITS V.
- Ability to understand the business needs and partner with the business to create solutions.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Pragmatic with excellent business sense.
- Strong understanding of the interplay between legal and business risk.
- Ability to interact effectively with clients.
- Strong negotiation and drafting skills.
- Ability to work independently, manage complex projects and multitask successfully in fast-paced and complex business environment; and
- Background in providing legal services to operational intensive businesses is preferred.
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co:
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its JPMorgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.