|Job Type:||Full Time|
Baker Hughes Company is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BH harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain. BH helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own. With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world. Follow Baker Hughes Company on Twitter @BHCo, or visit us at BH.com.
Project Planners have key responsibility for ensuring that all aspects of a customer project plan, both internal and external, are effectively planned to minimize business and customer on time delivery (OTD) risk. This is an important role within the Flexible Pipe Systems (FPS) business as a project based organization.
In this role the successful candidate will be expected to liaise with all members of the project team, manufacturing and sourcing to ensure project plans are accurate and up to date with the latest project intelligence. Reporting to the Project Planning Leader roles & responsibilities shall include:
- Development and ownership of project schedules from project handover meeting through contract term including maintenance of S-curves, physical progress tables and detailed progress tracking
- Develop project schedules for bid work and ensure high levels of liaison with the business master scheduler and production controllers to ensure that bid work can be executed when won
- Review, advise and make recommendations on contractual requirements specifically relating to schedule and progress monitoring
- Maintenance, update and monitoring of progress on project schedules, including production of internal and external reports
- Preparation and issue of schedule impact assessments and impact assessment summaries as identified by the Project Manager for incorporation in internal project changes and external variation orders
- Support Project Manager during internal and external meetings to proactively drive schedule discussions & present material accordingly
- Implement "early warning" identification of potential schedule issues and drive options to reduce "Cost to Recover" exposure
- Identifying and communicating ‘risk’ relating to all schedules produced
- Assist in the production and maintenance of reports to forecast resource requirements to meet contract deliverables and business plan requirements
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the planning system to take account of changes in procedures and systems to maintain the planning system to high standard incorporating current best practice
- Work with other OFE business project planning teams to implement integrated project planning tools and processes and leverage best practices into FPS business including accurate capacity planning in Engineering to avoid over capacity constraints which impact OTD
- Support the NPI project planning process to ensure accurate plans are developed and executed
- Perform any other tasks or duties as directed by the Project Planning Leader or Business Leadership.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or equivalent knowledge (or a high school diploma / GED with experience in Project Management)
- High level of experience of P6 Project Planning software
- Experience in Project Planning
- Good proficiency with Microsoft Office software, particularly Excel.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Newcastle, United Kingdom
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.