|Job Type:||Full Time|
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
Compliance Data Management team is responsible for ensuring the highest quality of data for use in Corporate Compliance Reporting, Surveillance and Monitoring. This is achieved through the monitoring and validation of inbound data to identify data quality issues, complete impact assessment and remediate through the Defect Governance framework.
The team supports its Compliance and Advisory partners across multiple functions: Trade Surveillance & Employee Personal Account Dealing focusing on the prevention of manipulative or illegal trading practices, Client List Screening focusing on Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) Sanctions & Know Your Customer (KYC) programs and AML Transaction Monitoring, focusing on the detection, investigation and reporting of suspected money laundering and terrorist financing.
CDM also manages the Compliance Chief Data Office (CDO) responsibilities, ensuring data issues are reported and tracked in accordance with the Firmwide Data Office Policy, partnering to help influence Firmwide policy and/or best practice and drive consumer data standards across all Lines of Business. CDM is responsible for various projects/initiatives that focus on improving operational efficiencies and controls for the CDM organization and the areas we support.
The CDM team partner globally with the following groups in support of these functions:
- Back Office & Middle Office Operations team.
- LOB & Compliance Technology groups (Operate and Application Development)
- Global Compliance teams & Project Management Office.
- Reference Data Teams (Security, Client & Pricing)
- LOB Chief Data Office teams
- Firm wide Data Management
- Monitor delivery and completeness of feed/files into and throughout the Compliance environment and escalate delays to the appropriate stakeholders
- Perform data analysis to identify data issues and the impact to Compliance stakeholders
- Participate in weekly Working Groups to triage new data quality issues, assign severity, and review closures of data quality issues, with input from Compliance, Technology and Lines of Businesses
- Manage data issues throughout the life cycle by effectively collaborating with various functional leads from LOBs, Tech, Ops and Compliance to document data issues, root cause, and communicate remediation plans
- Participate in UAT testing, review test scripts, and create business requirement documentation (BRDs)
- Collaborate effectively with regional and global CDM colleagues to complete ad hoc projects and initiatives
- Produce weekly metrics
- Update and maintain procedure documentation and process flows
- Experience in an Operations, Middle Office, Technology (Business Analyst) or Compliance environment (preferably with a focus on data).
- Experience in financial services industry
- Experience in defining/documenting new processes ensuring appropriate Controls framework
- Experience in an end to end exception management process; preferably in resolving data quality issues
- Effective analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication, influencing and relationship building skills
- Intermediate Excel skills required for effective data analysis (e.g. pivot tables & v-lookups)
- Able to multi-task and meet deadlines while maintaining quality output
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- General product knowledge (trade and transaction booking lifecycles)
- Microsoft Office skills with proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Visio
- Data Quality Management (Firm-Wide Data Tool)
- Familiarity of LOB applications to support trade, transaction & client reference data
- Knowledge of SQL an advantage