|Job Type:||Full Time|
Rare is a one-of-a-kind game studio where we create the kind of games the world doesn't have, games that are uniquely Rare! Working here offers opportunities unlike anywhere else. You'll be providing players with unforgettable shared experiences in games loved by millions worldwide. Our pirate adventure Sea of Thieves, launched in 2018, is still going strong – and alongside that we're busy creating our next magical world, Everwild, announced in 2019 to a global audience.
We strive to make Rare an amazing place to work, embracing a culture of respect and building a supportive environment for our developers. Our custom-built Twycross studio is situated in the beautiful English countryside, surrounded by woodland and wildlife, with plenty of room for us to grow. Studio benefits are catered to making life easier for staff, including flexible working, a bonus scheme, an industry-leading pension package, private healthcare, mental health initiatives and free events for employees and their families.
By joining Rare, you'll be joining one of the finest studios in the industry with support from the wider Xbox Game Studios network. We're always on the lookout for exceptional people who can bring their expertise and unique thinking to help make our team even stronger!
As our Senior Community Developer, you'll play a key role in audience growth and engagement of Rare's audience. Partnering closely with both the Production and Design teams, you'll own the development and management of programmes that delight our players.
Equal parts creative and programmatic, you will be constantly exploring new ways to improve our audience's experience and working to ensure they remain engaged with our products.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Rare's audience by leveraging both qualitative and quantitative research with a focus on identifying growth opportunities, motivations, requirements and challenges.
- Design, implement and manage programmes, events and promotions that serve the needs of Rare's audience throughout their lifecycle.
- Work with partners across the organisation to develop tools that unlock deeper engagement with our players.
- Actively report on community programme KPIs and demonstrate success/opportunities for growth within the Audience Engagement team.
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience working in a community/marketing/production role in the games industry.
- Proven programme management experience.
- Creative and imaginative, able to come up with original programmes and campaigns.
- Proactive attitude and approach to projects.
- Proven experience in owning projects from incubation to execution.
- Demonstrable understanding of the player lifecycle and AERM.
- Strong communicator who can work and collaborate with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience in using data to drive decision-making.
- Experience working on a live product/game.
- Confident working in a fast-paced environment, able to react positively to change.
- Natural and comfortable presenting on camera.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.