|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are passionate about providing our clients with sustainable solutions by constantly looking at challenges from a fresh angle, we are looking for like-minded people to grow and develop with our team in Birmingham.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will join the established building services team in our Birmingham office and will be involved in a wide range of projects including :- railway stations, healthcare, offices, courts, MoJ, MoD and education.
A bit about your role
Our Building Services team has a proven track record in high quality innovative design within the Building Services market.
You will be responsible for undertaking all aspects of mechanical building services design including full design and calculations, feasibility studies, option appraisals, writing specification and site monitoring of mechanical building services as part of a multi-disciplinary design team.
You will have responsibility for all aspects of assigned project work with an established team, as well as supporting junior members of the team. Training, support to chartership and mentoring will all be provided throughout your time with this practice meaning you will constantly be developing your career and skillset.
Required criteria for ideal Mechanical Engineer
- Degree qualified in Mechanical, Building Services or similar.
- Ability to use AutoCAD.
- Understand BIM on relevant projects and willingness to develop & undertake the necessary CPD to ensure clear understanding of process
- Have a comprehensive, current knowledge base of relevant M&E Building and infrastructure services.
- Proven track record of project delivery, working to deadlines and client satisfaction.
- Fully familiar with codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation
- Excellent communication skills.
- Client Facing
- Personable with a 'can do' attitude.