|Job Type:||Full Time|
UK Pensions Specialist – Associate – Edinburgh
The UK Pensions & Benefits Team has management, governance and operational responsibility for the firm’s UK benefit programs including a comprehensive flexible benefits program, a large medical trust and 7 UK pension schemes, the largest of which has approximately 46,000 members.
The primary focus of this role is to join the team who are responsible for the management of the UK pension schemes. As a member of the team, this role includes Trustee secretarial and governance activities, working closely with Trustee Boards and Sub-Committee members and third party advisers.
- Ownership of end-to-end management and governance for the UK trust based pension schemes;
- Supporting development and delivery of Bank’s UK pension strategy;
- Working as part of the team to oversee and coordinate ongoing plan activities such as actuarial valuations, investment strategy changes and other regular activities such as plan accounts, member newsletters and benefit statements.;
- Providing trustee secretarial services for one or more of the UK pension schemes managed by the team, including:
- Preparation of meeting papers, attendance at trustee meetings, preparation of minutes and resolution of actions
- Ensuring scheme governance materials are up to date, including maintenance of risk registers, business plans and all policies
- Ensuring the trustee board is fully supported in fulfilling their responsibilities
- Working closely with scheme administrators and advisers in relation to on-going projects, correspondence and member queries including formal complaints;
- Assisting with managing the administration supplier services on an ongoing basis, ensuring delivery against SLAs and compliant administration
- Assisting with supervising the day to day provision of services by external providers, including actuaries, lawyers, investment consultants, investment managers
- Providing support to the UK Pensions Manager and other team members on other projects as required.
Skills / Experience Required
We are looking for an experienced pensions & benefits professional. A highly motivated individual who is ready for a role that will allow them to put into practice the skills they have developed in their career to date. Other requirements include:
- Strong team player with excellent organizational and project management skills, used to managing varied priorities in a high paced environment, with ability to take ownership of projects, be proactive and flexible
- Relationship builder with strong influencing skills -- an effective communicator who is able to influence decision-making and is comfortable working at senior levels internally and externally
- Strong technical skills and able to demonstrate a broad knowledge of current UK pensions legislation and best governance practices
- Analytical -- a problem solver with ability to make decisions with high attention to detail and based on a thorough understanding of the relevant facts
- Desire to learn new skills and take on new challenges
- Strong focus on risk management
- Solid pensions experience gained either as part of an in-house pensions team or consultancy, providing secretarial and support services to trustee boards, with an understanding of both defined benefit and defined contributions schemes
- Preferably APMI qualified or working towards
The hiring manager for this job opening would be willing to have a conversation about flexibility. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co:
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its JPMorgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.
To be considered for this role, you may be required to complete the video interview powered By HireVue.