|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who we’re looking for
A SharePoint Developer to work in our Employee Collaboration team
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We’re close to our clients, in the heart of the UK’s financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly.
The Employee Collaboration team is part of Schroders' Digital department. We use SAFe Agile practices to work closely with our business stakeholders and deliver solutions that meet their needs.
Your role will initially focussed on the delivery of Schroders' new global intranet (SharePoint 2016 on premise). Following the successful launch, you and your peers will continue to deliver functionality enhancements to our users, whilst decommissioning our existing SharePoint 2010 stack.
You will be involved in every aspect of solution delivery, including solution analysis, design, technical development and implementation, stakeholder engagement, and user roll-out.
We are working to establish a low-friction delivery pipeline to meet our goals, and so experience in similar environments and DevOps practices is a must.
What you’ll do
- End-to-end delivery of SharePoint solutions and enhancements
- Collaboration with peers from Infrastructure, InfoSec, Digital, and business functions
- Integration of third-party vendor customisations and add-ins
- Automation of processes, deployments, and system migrations
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Solid SharePoint 2016 development expertise, with in depth knowledge of SharePoint 2016 On-Premise Add-In model
- Experience using a broad range of vendor tools for system deployment, testing, migration, monitoring, and debugging
- Previous experience of SharePoint 2010 migrations
- Experience of automating processes in a CI/CD environment via PowerShell
- Familiar with git version control and common branching strategies
- Experience working in Agile delivery environments
- Excellent communication skills
What you’ll be like
- Friendly: people the world over like working with you, and they're never afraid to ask you for help
- Curious: Interested in the latest tech developments, and how you can use them
- Calm: you're positive under pressure and happy to take the lead in challenging times
- Gutsy: you know 'good' isn’t good enough. So you solve problems and challenge the status quo to find better ways to do things.
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You’re welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.