Abcam is looking for a Lead Business Process Owner to join our team in Cambridge, UK supporting the implementation and rollout of our global Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN)/Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS). This role will support the design and execution of the implementation strategy throughout the business. The role also includes supporting the integration of LIMS with the company ERP and existing quality management systems. Our ideal candidate will exercise judgment and lead in identifying/trouble shooting technical issues and recommending solutions.
Essence and Key Accountabilities:
- Detailed knowledge of life sciences e-commerce business environment
- Define the business benefits of ELN and global LIMS
- Assess project progress towards realisation
- Lead cross-functional teams to complete projects, achieve measured improvements, address system issues and implement system improvements.
- Monitor performance of systems and implementation plan
- Understand management structures and company culture
- Management skills to co-ordinate and motivate cross functional teams
- Change management skills and experience to simplify complex challenges
- Negotiating skills, interpersonal fluency, comfort with ambiguity, dynamic and positive
- Engage with specialists: Business Subject Matter Experts, Business Process Analysts, Functional Consultants, Data Stewards/Analysts, Change/Business Readiness Analysts
- If required, support the Business Sponsor with required updates to Governance board, especially at key Go-Decision checkpoints
- Prepare and present for approval a robust business case for required changes to the business operating model (people, process, data, BI, application), initially to the programme board and then to the Governance Authority
- Sign-off key deliverables e.g. business processes, target operating model, functional design, etc.
You will have experience successfully leading a business through an ELN/LIMS implementation. You will have significant experience as a lead business process owner. Experience managing 3rd parties and, ideally, have experience of supporting supplier management. Experience within the Life Sciences industry would be ideal but is not essential.
Risk and dependency management will be a strength, together with excellent stakeholder management across SMEs through to Board level.
You will excel at leading group discussions, governance forums and workshops. You will be comfortable escalating where appropriate and be confident to influence and engage stakeholders to reach common goals. Prioritisation and time management must be a strong point, as must multi-tasking.
You’ll be joining a fast-paced environment and must be comfortable with hitting the ground running.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.
You will be joining Abcam at an exciting time of growth and innovation!