Role Title: Insight Operations Specialist
Business: RBWM - Digital
New or Existing Role? New
- Deliver rapid digital reporting, analysis and insight to HSBC Digitals Digital-as-a-Channel (DaaC) Regional Digital Data Team (Content, Optimisation, Messaging, and Acquisition) to maximise revenue generation and business growth.
- Responsibilities include owning and driving digital data requirements for the DaaC Operating Verticals; working with DaaC Operating Vertical teams (Content, Optimisation, Messaging) with reporting, analysis and insight as required; work closely with RBWM Digital Analytics and Local Market Analytic team to drive measurement improvement and segment performance; bring to life customer behaviour and voice within DaaC teams and act as the focal point for data driven insight within the DaaC Regional Operations for EMEA. Responsibilities would also include helping define new metrics and reporting, driving data quality, analysis and provide actionable insights to the DaaC Regional Verticals and market DaaC teams to support the regional & local priorities and strategy.
Impact on Business
Responsible for the Operational Data Support for the DaaC Operating Verticals (Content, Messaging, Operations).
- Independently support stakeholder teams with reporting, analysis and insight at regional level; identifying trends, areas of improvement and opportunities; creating hypothesis and making recommendations with a view to improving Digital KPIs.
- Work closely with the Digital Channel Analytics team to enable broader in-depth data analytics as well as offline data analysis.
Make recommendations on customer journey performance and funnel management that drives the activities for the DaaC Operating Verticals
- Own creation of digital performance dashboards in a timely and consistent manner to support DaaC regional verticals.
- Own overall data requirements for Content, Optimization and Personalized Messaging (VAM).
- Share best practice with the wider analytics community and business areas. Provide support, knowledge and expertise where required to drive forward digital analytics expertise and understanding of digital customer behavior as well as digital product performance.
- Drive rapid analysis to identify opportunities for DaaC Operations & DaaC Market stakeholders; actively create hypotheses and make recommendations to drive forward business performance and KPIs.
- Contribute to the development of wider digital analytics expertise through the RBWM analytics community and the wider business through active support, knowledge & best practice sharing in line with RBWM analytics principles.
- Conduct analysis across different analytic tools to measure the impact of products/features run by the business
Customers / Stakeholders
Working closely with DaaC Regional Managers EMEA (Content, Messaging, Optimisation), and Channel Analytics to develop digital analytics artefacts.
Build strong relationships with DaaC Stakeholders as well as other analytics teams both in global, off shore and in market to bring data driven insight to life
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders including Global Digital, Data and Information Management, Analytics, Marketing, Group RBWM, HOST (SWD and CD), Finance and BI
- Share best practice across product teams.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Develops and maintain relationships and work well with all levels of management. Leverages existing expertise across RBWM Analytics CoE and promotes culture of “Build Once, Deploy Many”
- Actively seeks input from others- encourages and listens to different viewpoints and perspectives. Uses networks inside and outside the business to provide support in delivering goals
- Builds a culture committed to the delivery of outstanding customer service and healthy, open, transparent, honest team environment.
Develops culture of continuous innovation, challenges the business on approach and keeps abreast of the latest developments in the analytics and digital realms
- Be an effective team player; cultivate an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand
- Work collaboratively with teams and leaders from multiple regions and entities and across functions at Global, Regional and Local levels
- Work effectively with Digital Leadership Team, peers and local business areas.
Support collaboration between teams from multiple entities, to share best practice and promote consistency.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Drive process re-engineering, improvements in existing delivery mechanism and accelerate re-deployment of analytic solutions by promoting “Build Once, Deploy Many” culture
- Continuously review key risks and proactively institute controls in place to address the same.
- Oversee Quality Control in DaaC Digital Data analytics output.
- Support the DaaC Digital Data as well as RBWM Analytics management teams in ensuring goals are identified, agreed and delivered with utmost efficiency.
- Adhere to DaaC Data & RBWM Digital processes to support DaaC regional teams and engender a data driven culture
- Align to RBWM Digital data governance, data security and data definitions and standards
- Identifying key risks, issues and interdependencies and providing appropriate mitigation strategies or escalation.
- Supporting audit / independent programme assessments as required
- Favour the approach of setting up reports in a way that the end user can manage the update process with little guidance
- Develop our knowledge and understanding of the leading approaches in digital analytics and develop information processes to educate colleagues across the business
- Keep a strong focus on digital channels at the same time as working towards an integrated approach to the omni channel customer experience
- Operate in a global team that can work across timezones and with markets in various states of digital development
- Adapt rapidly to a changing internal environment as the organization challenges itself to become a leader instead of a follower in this analytical specialism
- Ensure that all RBWM Digital services offer standout customer experience and fully deliver on our brand promise.
The role sits within DaaC Digital Data and other DaaC regional teams who are driving digital performance for DaaC Markets as well as differentiated experience for HSBC customers
- HSBC is and has invested heavily in Digital capabilities in many areas of the business, there is a growing need to increase the number of specialists we have to develop digital analytics capabilities to compliment these investments
The role holder is responsible for delivering high quality data driven insights for our DaaC regional teams so they may drive digital performance for our EMEA markets and differentiated experience for our customers
Support and engage with cross-functional and market teams
- The nature of the role may require some travel from time to time and flexibility in daily schedule to allow for regular interaction with team members and stakeholders from all regions.
Works closely with DaaC EMEA regional vertical teams (Content, Optimisation, Messaging) as well as with Digital Channel Analytics.
- The jobholder will interact with multiple RBWM teams at Global, Regional and Country level in order to support the most efficient & effective delivery of reporting, analysis and insight to our DaaC teams.
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation. This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours required to support the Best Place to Bank principles of Make Better Products, Sell Them Properly and Keep Them Sold.
- The job holder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
- Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department
Observation of Internal Controls
- The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.