|Job Type:||Full Time|
Collateral Services is a diverse, rapidly growing area offering a wide variety of Collateral based products to a varied client base ranging from the Broker Dealer groups to Hedge Funds, Pension Funds and Global Fund Managers. Our products are constantly developing to enable us to continue to be market leaders supporting new business opportunities and regulatory change.
The Collateral Services Operations function supports 3 main products:
Derivatives (DCM), Securities Lending (SCM) and Tri Party Repo (TPR). This role is within the Derivatives (DCM) team.
- Calculate, issue and agree margin calls with Brokers to mitigate credit risk exposures on behalf of our clients.
- Agree and book collateral trades to satisfy incoming margin calls from Brokers.
- Liaise directly with our clients and their Brokers on a daily basis via email and telephone.
- Perform daily reconciliations between systems and the market to ensure accurate record keeping and risk mitigation.
- Partner with internal groups within Agency Collateral to provide a superb client experience that will assist in retaining current business and growing new client activity.
Additional role responsibilities
- This role will include people management responsibilities.
- This role will include management of the daily processes; workflow allocation, verification of team members’ output, providing control sign-offs etc.
- This role will include management of small projects designed to improve the BAU processes and enhance the experience of our clients.
The Collateral Management team provides a service to our wide range of clients across European working hours, and is also required to work UK Bank Holidays as governed by client requirements.
Cover may be provided via rotational shifts so a flexible approach to working hours is therefore needed, including overtime.
The team supports flexible working including occasional working from home.
There will be the potential for opportunities to travel both domestically and internationally once established in role.
Continued growth of the team provides opportunities for progression for team members demonstrating strong levels of performance.
Qualifications / Experience
- Excellent Client Service skills
- Numeracy skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to understand complex models within financial sphere
- Problem solving and data analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and to work under pressure
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Educated to at least A level standard or equivalent – education within subjects relating to finance favourable – e.g. Maths, Economics etc.
- Experience within Collateral or Derivatives is favourable but not essential.
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. The Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.