|Job Type:||Full Time|
Mott MacDonald are looking for a Senior Human Resources Advisor to provide a business partner support and approach to the Water and Environment Business Unit. You will be an integral part of the business and team with a scope which covers all facets of the human resources function from HR strategy to operational activities
For more information about our Environment sector click here
For more information about our Water sector click here
A bit about your role
As a Senior HR Advisor you will be taking on a business partner approach working closely and collaboratively with the division and main stakeholders; Divisional General Manager and Resource Manager. Some of your main responsibilities will include:
- Focus on building and maintaining key stakeholder relationships through the use of effective communication, visibility and delivery
- Providing pragmatic, confident, strategic and operational solutions in a timely and effective manner with the ability to prioritise, multi task, delegate and positively challenge
- Using a coaching style to support managers in operational activities enabling them to take the lead in managing their people
- Take ownership and work with the business to manage reward cycles such as the annual salary review, global incentive scheme., graduate salary review and interim salary review
- Proactive, experienced and knowledgeable of employee relations issues and processes such as absence management, disciplinaries and grievances seeking pragmatic solutions to the business where possible
- Driving our EDI and wellbeing commitments within the unit and sharing knowledge across the region, working collaboratively with HR stakeholders across EUNA and the Globe
- Supporting the people agenda and working in a project capacity with employee engagement, talent management, reward and recognition, retention strategies and agile working
- Team player and integrity is essential working with the HR team to enable and ensure a high performing team to the business
- Change agent and looking to continuously evaluate and improve HR processes and practices in line with functional requirements
Required criteria for ideal Senior HR Advisor
- Chartered MCIPD or Graduate CIPD (or equivalent) or working towards qualification
- Previous experience in a similar HR role is essential
- Resilient nature and confident to provide challenge to, and accept challenge from, senior staff
- Sound stakeholder management skills with the ability to confidently communicate with all level stakeholders
- Deadline orientated with the ability to problem solve
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to quickly build effective, collaborative relationships with HR and other colleagues across the business.
- Able to quickly learn, absorb and retain information and understand the business environment.
Good knowledge and practical application of current UK employment law, procedures and processes.
- Flexible approach to work and able to travel to other offices/sites.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team as required
- Cambridge based not essential but preferred. Regular visits to the Cambridge office and other sites