|Job Type:||Full Time|
Rare: we're not your typical developer. Our 30+ years in the game-making business have been dedicated to crafting one beloved title after another, constantly trying new things, and infusing the fun we have every day into the games we create. Check out the Rare Replay collection for three whirlwind decades of evidence! We strive to keep Rare a fantastic place to work, from its beautiful location and state-of-the-art facilities to a strong focus on work/life balance.
If you're a keen gamer, chances are you've already caught wind of our epic shared world pirate adventure Sea of Thieves, released in March 2018 and a journey we're committed to for the long haul even as we begin to think about what's out there beyond the horizon. With every day bringing new challenges and discoveries in equal measure, there's never been a more rewarding time to join our daredevil crew!
Location: Rare - Microsoft Studios – Twycross, Warwickshire
Want to be in the action of a gaming community? Keen to work with game development teams and engage with thousands of devoted fans across the globe? Then keep reading...
We’re looking for our next Community Management Intern at Rare to work in our community team. You'll contribute to delivering exciting content to our community of 500,000+ followers across various platforms. As part of the team, you’ll be working to find new and innovative ways to engage with our audience.
As Community Management Intern, you’ll be reporting fan sentiment back to our development teams, aiding in the development of our games. Working across public-facing channels, you’ll be informing and engaging our community. You will have the opportunity to develop social media content, editorial output and channel management. Ideally, you’ll be flexible and able to lend a hand in any area of our marketing and communications output.
This is a fantastic opportunity to kickstart a career in community and marketing, an essential part of all gaming companies. Not only would you be working in our top-class facility, but you’ll be supported by some of the best game developers in the industry.
We value the fresh mindset and exciting ideas that come with our interns and support their growth wherever possible. In turn, we’re looking for individuals who want to make the best out of their time with us and develop as both professional game developers and individuals.
If this sounds like you, keep reading...
- Plan, produce and post content on Rare and Sea of Thieves owned channels including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Assist in maintaining our active channel community, including assistance on community development programmes and initiatives.
- Report on the success of social and editorial content and use insights to assist in content planning.
- Write engaging articles for the Rare and Sea of Thieves websites.
- Strong written English with a good grasp of spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Proven ability in using community sites, forums and tools, e.g. Reddit, NeoGAF and Discord.
- Knowledge of social media tools (Tweetdeck, Sprinklr)
- Proficiency in communicating clearly and concisely, both in person and through reports and documentation.
- A passion for online gaming communities.
- A love of working in mixed-discipline, collaborative environments.
- Well-organised and effective at working against a plan to deliver incremental results.
Note: it is not essential to have experience in computer games development or to be on a games-specific course.
- Familiarity with website CMS and basic HTML.
- Basic photo editing skills, preferably using Photoshop.
- Familiarity with Rare's back catalogue of games.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.