|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Microsoft Search Assistance & Intelligence (MSAI) team is seeking an exceptional candidate to pursue an applied science internship in London (UK). The successful applicant is expected to work on cutting-edge research technology directly applied to Microsoft products pertaining to the domain of Enterprise search and recommendations.
This is an exceptional opportunity to drive ambitious research, combined with the potential for substantial real-wold impact. Working with the top engineers and scientists in MSAI London, this role gives you the opportunity to seek innovative solutions to the real-world challenges and improving the search experience of millions of people. There is no closing deadline for this post. The post will be filled once suitable candidates are found so if you are interested please apply as soon as possible. When submitting your application, include your CV. You may also include your published work.
Internship duration: 16 weeks
- In collaboration with a diverse team (including researchers, engineers) develop and explore ambitious, high impact, research in machine learning with applications in Enterprise search.
- Write production-quality code to test new approaches with real-world applications.
- Distil insights on running experiments on big data in compliance.
- Write research papers and presentations, to reach technical and general audiences.
- PhD or master's students in machine learning, natural language processing or similar areas of AI.
- Research ability demonstrated by journal or conference publications in top venues such as NeurIPS, ICML, AAAI, IJCAI, EMNLP, WWW, ACL will be a plus.
- Good level of coding and general software development skills.
- Good understanding of machine learning approaches for NLP, Recommendations and Enterprise Search.
Hands-on experience in implementing and empirically evaluating machine learning approaches.
Effective communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
We offer a competitive salary.