|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for a sales leader in our Small and Medium Business (SMB) business unit to be the custodian of our SMB Azure sales and the advocate for SMBs customer across our organization.
The SMB segment at Microsoft UK:
- Accounts for nearly a third of the org’s revenue and 99.99% of the UK’s business community
- Delivers double digit growth consistently year after year and has the best % cloud mix worldwide
- Overachieves against targets consistently adding new logos to our best in breed cloud portfolio
- Is viewed locally and globally as a high performing team
We are building a big business, but we also have to build small. What does that mean? Well we build scalable programmes that feel personal to our customers and partners but deliver results consistently and predictably. We strive to maintain to an entrepreneurial mindset which helps us not only demonstrate empathy for the segment we serve but also to continually look for new routes to both business and personal growth. We demonstrate passion. Passion for customers and partners, for making a difference and for paying it forward, for showing up well and for winning, for holding the door open for others and succeeding together.
We are looking for someone with a deep understanding and passion for the SMB market. They should appreciate the various customer acquisition engines we have at our disposal and when to use each one. They should demonstrate an understanding of the cloud marketplace and the business models of our partners and competitors. They should be able to bring together disparate teams behind one common objective and deliver results consistently. They should enjoy bringing the best out of others, maintaining a growth mindset and always looking for the 1%.
The SMB Customer Program Manager – Azure key outcomes / measures of success include:
- SMB Azure consumed revenue and cloud mix
- SMB Azure new customer acquisition and growth
- Indirect partner reach, frequency and yield
- SMB net satisfaction
The SMB Customer Program Manager – Azure achieves impact mainly through:
- Strategy Leadership: The role is directly accountable for the SMB Azure business performance. As the leader of the Azure ‘One SMB’ v-team, the SMB Customer Program Manager – Azure is responsible for identifying growth opportunities, defining strategies, prioritizing sales plays, developing the go-to-market execution plan, identifying channel capacity needs and securing necessary investments to ensure Microsoft realizes its full SMB Azure growth potential. Therefore, the individual should possess deep business insights into local SMB market dynamics, knowledge of political/legislative requirements, and demonstrate strategy leadership in the formulation of a robust business plan working in alignment with key SMB business partners to deliver short term results and build a foundation for long term sustained success.
- Cross Team Collaboration: The SMB business model requires a high degree of collaboration across key business partners such as Channel Partner, Product and Commercial Marketing, Inside Sales, Sales Excellence, Finance, etc. The SMB Customer Program Manager – Azure is an effective and efficient collaborator and v-team leader able to drive alignment, execution, and results via extended v-teams.
- Customer/Partner Engagement and New Business Incubation: The SMB Customer Program Manager – Azure is responsible for supplementing global data with local insights to optimize for customer life time value through acquisition, retention and growth strategies leveraging scalable routes to market. The individual should leverage their strong local SMB market insights on customer preferences, competitive dynamics, and digital maturity to execute global core sales plays while identifying local sales plays to optimize demand generation and influence execution across the routes to market.
We are looking for a senior contributor with 7+ years experience within the technology sector
Your previous roles should have included experiences such as:
- Sales / Marketing strategy planning and leadership within a technology/software provider
- Led teams (virtual or actual) to deliver consistent results
- Engaged directly with customers and or partners
- Directly influenced strategy, investment decisions or teams
- Collaborated with others to achieve a common goal
Top 10 characteristics for a successful candidate:
- Is a great communicator who can synthesize information quickly and bring others along
- Has clarity of thought which translates into sound business decisions
- Is highly aware of markets, competition and business models
- Is able to operate in ambiguity
- Can think big but also master the detail
- Thinks strategically but can also execute
- Is capable of influence without authority
- Understands speed and agility is a competitive advantage
- Reflects the diversity of our segment in their approach
- Believes to go far you have to go together
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.