|Job Type:||Full Time|
Industries are digitally transforming and the Industry Executive (IE) role is at the leading edge of this transformation journey
with our customers. The goal of the Industry Executive (IE) is leading industry digital transformation engagements
and opportunities with Microsoft’s customers, with deep industry knowledge and experience.
This is a senior role that is operating at a strategic level with Microsoft’s top customers, with deep engagement and
understanding of the industry business issues and strategic challenges. The role is seen as a deep, subject matter expert in
their industry and the digital transformation occurring within it. The role is the industry leader in a customer centric account
team, and relationship builds to become a trusted advisor to key customer business decision-makers, helping them build the
program of digital transformation change. The role will use industry experience, expertise and credentials directly with
customer business decision makers to engage and create unique business value.
The role of IE is focused on generating and owning industry relevant solution and platform opportunities, working and selling
closely with Microsoft’s partners. The role delivers growth of Microsoft cloud services (Azure, Office 365 and Dynamics 365) by
building new relationships, opportunities and positioning industry relevant solutions that solve the customers’ business challenges as they digitally transform their businesses. The role will partner closely with the world-wide industry sales teams and specialist sellers to share best practices and customer references/case studies to bring Microsoft’s industry digital transformation stories to life.
- Engaging with customers of strategic enterprise accounts to identify, generate and nurture new strategic business
opportunities through industry relevant solutions, leading opportunity engagements
- Providing insight and feedback from customers and partners to the worldwide industry teams to help learning and
improvement in Media and Telco solutions and digital transformation
- Acting as industry thought leader and supporting customer engagements such as executive briefings, customer
workshops and internal sales team readiness
- Working with industry focused sales teams at Microsoft as the industry subject matter expert in Digital Transformation for Media and Telco
- Understanding not just the Microsoft technologies but other platforms such as AWS and GCP
- Create stronger presence and representation of Media and Telco as a focused industry for Microsoft in the UK market
- Extensive industry domain expertise and expertise working in business roles at a company in Media and Telco (Broadcasting and Publishing experience is a big plus)
- Extensive industry solution selling experience
- Strategic Business development and sales skills
- Market development skills
- Industry specialized sales or consulting position within an IT Consulting or Services company
- Solution sales or consulting position in a competing or partner company
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
- MBA desirable
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.