|Location:||Cambridgeshire, Greater London, Greater Manchester, Reading|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Field Specialist leads our most valued customers into the digital age. Embracing a challenger mindset, the successful Field Specialist drives, orchestrates and closes opportunities with customers that produce transformative business outcomes.
The Field Specialist drives complex and high-value deals in selected customer accounts within a Territory. The Field Specialist partners with Account Executives (AEs) to identify large/strategic deals in the territory and then in conjunction with qualified partners, drives the opportunities to closure. Also, Field Specialists should have extra focus on engaging with customers that are interested in digital transformation initiatives and who are potential customers to adopt our cloud offerings.
The Field Specialist core accountabilities include:
- Corporate New Cloud Business Applications Customer Acquisition revenue
- New Business Applications (Finance and Operations) Customer Growth revenue
- Business Applications Revenue in Sales Territory
- Drive wins in high-propensity and high-potential customers to accelerate New Customer Adds & associated revenue
- Large Cloud opportunities in the sales territory
- Strong sales and business background centred on software technologies (Microsoft software and Business Applications solutions preferred) combined with deep understanding of key industry solutions and competitive technologies.
- Ability to identify, nurture, and drive digital transformation projects with customers.
- Must have a passion for sales and solution selling, and be customer satisfaction obsessed.
- Must be able to build strong relationships with Customers and Partners, to drive mutual success.
- Leadership and Planning across a virtual team of resources, to enable your territory to exceed targets (both revenue and customer satisfaction). These resources can be internal to Microsoft, or from within Microsoft’s Partners.
- Strong pipeline management to deliver on revenue accountabilities, in a predictable way.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently exceed quota by driving deals within a Partner ecosystem.
- Expertise in solution selling techniques and selling cloud-based solutions.
- Strong knowledge of the 3 Microsoft Cloud Solutions and their value proposition and differentiation.
- Experience in building strong, collaborative customer relationships with line-of-business and technical roles.
- Ability to navigate a customer through sales negotiations and technical presentations in person and remotely.
- Solid knowledge of the business, customers, partners, Microsoft strategy and how they work together.
- Able to qualify sales opportunities and position partners in the overall sales process.
- Demonstrated business communication skills in the local language.
- Passion for technology as an enabler for a company’s growth.
- Complex sales training (e.g., Miller Hyman, Spin, Michael Bosworth, Challenger, Holden, Krauthammer, etc.), extensive presentation skills, effective marketing tactics, negotiation, financial analysis, Line of Business applications sales experience, business process consulting or automation, ERP, CRM, Employee Performance Management (systems and processes).
At Microsoft you'll work with incredibly talented colleagues, mentors and leaders and discover new ways of thinking and working. We'll also invest in your health and wellbeing through a competitive package with a wide range of adjustable benefits you can customise to your needs.
Microsoft employees enjoy a competitive compensation package. This includes: base salary, bonus, car allowance, stock awards, strong flexible benefits, including pension scheme, private medical cover and more!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.