|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are seeking highly motivated individuals to join our team of fire engineers based in our London office.
Mott MacDonald has provided fire engineering consultancy services for prestigious buildings projects worldwide including the JFK Airport, Parliamentary Estates, United States Visiting Forces, Oman Hospitals, Crossrail and global sports facilities.
Mott MacDonald specialise in developing fire engineering strategies for a whole host of project types ranging healthcare premises, retail, schools, universities, residential developments, hotel complexes, public and government buildings, sporting facilities, surface and sub-surface rail stations, retail and leisure facilities, historic and heritage protected buildings, military and high value/sensitive installations.
We are looking for someone that has experience working within a consultancy environment and is keen to develop a career within fire engineering. You will be part of a supportive team that will help you learn and thrive towards a successful engineering career.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
A bit about your role
As a fire engineer you will provide fire engineering consultancy services to the Built Environment sector. You will be expected to take ownership in developing fire engineering solutions, support the existing fire engineering team which will involve reviewing building designs against current codes of practice, analysing and designing solutions to bespoke fire engineering problems as well as reviewing fire dynamics and conducting smoke, and evacuation modelling. You will do analysis of potential fires, and develop advice based on the outcome which will include providing recommendations in relation to life safety systems for buildings and providing performance based solutions to the applicable frameworks.
You will have the opportunity to build your networks and expertise within Mott MacDonald by working in collaboration with the wider project teams as well as supporting with business development initiatives.
Required criteria for the ideal Fire Engineer
- Have a degree in a relevant engineering subject that is accredited with a professional engineering institution.
- Knowledge of fire/smoke modelling tools such as computational fluid dynamics (CFD), zone models and evacuation models
- Experience with working with fire engineering codes of practice in the UK
- Experience of international codes such as NFPA an advantage
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, colleagues and other members of the project team
- Must have excellent report writing skills
- Willingness to learn and desire to develop a career within fire engineering