|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and every organisation on the planet to achieve more. This is why we seek to attract and retain the best and brightest talent. Understanding that our people are our greatest asset, our ethos is simple: come as you are and do what you love.
Part of a global team, the unique purpose of our Consumer and Device Sales team in the UK and Ireland is to work with ecosystem partners to build, market and sell a winning portfolio that delights customers and earns fans around the world. Powered by Microsoft Windows and Surface devices, Office and Xbox, we also seek to enable customers and partners achieve more digitally with new innovative IoT solutions and market opportunities including voice, mixed reality and artificial intelligence.
At Microsoft, you'll have access to technology, tools and toys that will help you use your skills and imagination to full potential. Based at our headquarters in Reading (Berkshire), this role will grant you access to many great facilities. As the physical and mental health of our people is a number one priority, we have an on-site GP and dentist as well as a Wellbeing Centre and Nuffield Health Gym. With restaurants and coffee shops, a supermarket and nursery, we also encourage flexible working should you need to manage the school run. There is ample free parking too. And an Xbox gaming zone and indoor Minecraft park.
Ultimately, we want you to contribute the talent, perspective and ideas that are uniquely yours. You will have the freedom, guidance and encouragement to accelerate your growth as we believe that potential is nurtured not predetermined. A wealth of digital learning opportunities from internationally recognised business schools including Kellogg and INSEAD are also available for you to take advantage of.
Microsoft employees enjoy a competitive compensation package of base salary, bonus, car allowance, stock awards and a flexible benefits scheme that allows you to select the options best suited for you and your family. These include a pension plan, private medical cover, childcare vouchers, discounted gym membership, cycle incentive, shopping discounts and more.
Key priority for the role is the profittable growth of Surface revenue and win fans. He/She will accomplish this goal by:
- Selling TO our retail partners: Use consumer insights, market data, store level analysis, and device sales information to evaluate our business performance and develop seasonal, launch & sustain GTM plans to improve our partners business, win share, sell units, and drive revenue/ GM.
- Selling THRU our retail partners: Plan and execute thoughtful and impactful full-funnel-marketing, focused on awareness, consideration, purchase intent, & conversion.
- Leading the Surface UKI team with passion and energy and working closely with the Surface EMEA LT as well as the UKI one to drive a One Microsoft impact.
- Driving innovation and transforming the way we execute our strategy in full sync with the On Line Store and Commercial teams
As Surface Category Lead for UKI Sales Region this manager will be responsible for orchestrate a team and work with Sales & Marketing teams in order to :
- Win customers at key marketing and sales beats
- Win customers at key marketing and sales beats
- Increase Surface Purchase Intent with considerers & attract new audiences
- Win share and drive mutual profitability with compelling retail programs and offers
- Optimize conversion with premium channel execution
- Drive product advocacy and consumer lifetime value.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- 10+ years Consumer Electronics/IT ecosystem experience with a focus on devices and services sales across consumer segments
- Understanding of consumer sales channels, as well as the retail landscape and digital marketplace
- Track record of sales delivery and execution through partner/customer obsession
- Consumer channel management with proven business operational excellence and sales results through joint business planning, landing channel strategies, account management, and performance monitoring
- Driving long-term sustainable sales growth with partners
- Strong delivery on Quarterly and Annual Account Budgeted Revenue and key scorecard metrics
- Entrepreneurial mindset and innovative thinking to identifying and executing business opportunities
- Ability to analyze sales data, draw relevant conclusions, develop accurate business plans and forecasts, and drive execution
- Understanding of budget, profit & loss, margin, investment, and operating expense accountability
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholder groups and connect with diverse audiences
- Thought leader, risk taker, and lifelong learner; Digital and social influencer in the market
- Have experience planning and executing marketing strategies and activities that drive business results while remaining true to the brand.
- Have experience translating Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) into actionable plans to accelerate or capitalize on growth opportunities.
Qualifications and Education:
o Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or related field, or related experience. MBA a plus.
o A character that exemplifies Microsoft values including integrity, honesty, openness, personal excellence, constructive self-criticism, and mutual respect