|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Indirect Sourcing Specialist is responsible for Supporting Montrose Indirect site as well as taking responsibility for defined commodity or commodities across the UK. In this role you will use your experience and expertise to support the site and develop a commodity strategy for a specific commodity and/or sub-commodities while driving commercial advantage through achievement in cost and quality. Solve problems, develop and execute the strategy, and effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
- Ensure lowest possible cost for goods/services, balanced against optimum quality and schedule needs while executing against set strategies.
- Develop and execute long term, commodity strategies for a moderate group of strategic suppliers, with varying complexity and/or annual volume.
- Lead sourcing execution for assigned commodity(s) or suppliers, including full accountability for buy and meeting deflation targets.
- Interface with and assist Global Commodities team to support global commodity strategy implementation.
- Responsible for ensuring assigned commodities meet the requirements of global sourcing strategy and the business needs.
- Assist in identifying and driving new sources of supply and qualifying new suppliers in conjunction with Global Commodities team.
- Drive consolidation of the supply base for assigned commodities and negotiate agreements with the suppliers.
- Implement purchase orders for high value (PO’s) and PO management with sound purchasing practices and assure compliant acquisition of goods or services that meet applicable MSA’s, and company and government regulations.
- Identify opportunities to reduce non-catalog requests and implement catalogs and punch-outs.
- Communicate strategies to the buy desk and/or business buyers.
- Interface with the buy desk on issues that arise, and help to ensure that sound fulfillment processes as well as clean hand-offs are established and maintained in the process of identifying and fulfilling business needs.
- Drive improvements in sourcing processes including escalations due to delivery/quality issues, invoicing/payables issues and database management through digitization and simplification.
- Evaluate current and anticipated requirements, determine potential sources.
- Partner with key business stakeholders to ensure sourced goods and services meet the needs of the business.
- Solicit and evaluate proposals employing appropriate negotiation, cost and price analysis techniques.
- Perform market analysis and monitor supplier progress.
- Monitor supplier quality and delivery performance and develop improvement strategies to ensure business needs are met.
- Coordinate training of suppliers to accomplish business initiatives.
- Escalation point / indirect sourcing focal point for a site.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma/GED with proven years of experience in a Sourcing role) or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Willingness to travel up to 5% is required
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working.
- CIPS Accredited or working towards CIPS Accreditation
- Demonstrated sourcing and/or purchasing experience or transferable skills including negotiation, identifying opportunities, selecting suppliers and implementing contracts to achieve timely execution.
- Ability to make formal and appealing presentations.
- Proven ability to execute and deliver on commitments.
- Demonstrated professional oral / written communication and influencing skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills Strong PC and database management skills.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills, with sound judgment and a diplomatic attitude.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Highly motivated team member Six Sigma, Green Belt or Black Belt certification is preferred.
- SSP5/Oracle Purchasing system experience is preferred.