We exist because there’s power in a united voice. Power to drive change. Power to make the concerns of business heard. Power to innovate and embrace disruption through sharing and collaboration. Power to do good.
The CBI represents the interests of 190,000 UK businesses employing nearly 7 million people between them. That’s a third of the UK private sector workforce. And no two of them are the same. Whether an established family business embracing change, an ambitious start-up gunning for growth or a multinational with a keen focus on the UK market: our members have one thing in common: they understand the power of that united voice.
We’re looking for a content executive to join the CBI team at an exciting moment of change and opportunity. You’ll be part of the propositions team, with a focus on putting members at the heart of everything we do.
Are you the kind of content executive who can…
- Wrap your head around complex ideas quickly
- Write inspiring copy for new propositions, campaigns and events
- Use customer insight and inspiration / industry trends to ideate and shape content
- Work with designers on concepts to bring language to life
- Advise colleagues on how to write well – through workshops, drop-ins, 121s and written guidance
- Get the best out of your subject matter experts
- Champion the customer
- Adapt style and tone for different audiences, situations and formats?
You will be helping us with projects like…
- Finding the right words to help us bring our member offer to life
- Coming up with different ideas about how to turn technical content into something meaningful for members – working with our design and video teams to bring your ideas to life
- Working with subject matter experts to create member content – whether engaging emails, bold blogs or respected reports
- Ideating and writing optimised copy for our new website
- Helping to build our corporate narrative
- Championing our tone-of-voice guidelines
- Monitoring and analysing the performance of different pieces of content.
Your role will include working with different teams and across different mediums.
We’re looking for a content executive who will:
- Genuinely care about good writing
- Build relationships
- Be customer-focused
- Be comfortable managing their own workload and deadlines
- Be proactive in their suggestions and ideas
- Ask good questions
- Enjoy working as part of a collaborative team
- Communicate with confidence
- Be passionate about continuous learning.
Knowledge, experience and skills
In order to apply for this role, we ask that you:
- Have a killer portfolio - this is vital
- Have 2+ years’ copywriting / content experience
- Are IT literate
- Are a great communicator – whether in person, via phone or email
- Are planful, organised and know how to manage your own time
- Have some knowledge of on-page SEO or a willingness to learn
- Experience with web content management systems is desirable.
The behaviours and characteristics required to be able to fulfil the role’s requirements.
- Collaborative – Listening, seeking views and sharing information; constructively challenging when appropriate
- Taking ownership – Ensuring delivery and holding others to account; can influence, irrespective of hierarchy
- Agile – Proactive and responsive to provide a strong member service; responding positively to shifting priorities
- Commercial – Awareness of the wider business environment
- Innovative – Exploring, sharing and integrating best practice; generating new ideas and challenging a mind-set of “what we’ve always done”
- Analytical – gathering information and using logic to analyse, problem solve, evaluate risk and make decisions.
Equal opportunity employer
Our aim is to create prosperity for all! To do that well, we need a workforce that is more representative of the businesses we serve.
We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more innovative work environment that delivers better results. To support an inclusive environment where employees feel empowered to share their experiences and ideas, we’ve encouraged the creation of a variety of Employee Resource Groups - Women, LGBT+, BAME and Working Families.
We recognise the many benefits flexible working can bring. Many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking and will accommodate where possible.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Content Executive' as the subject.