|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you interested in helping deliver a product targeted at a multi-billion unit market? Thousands of businesses are undergoing a digital transformation to connect MCU based devices to the internet. 9 billion MCU based devices are shipped every year, and our team is building a turn-key, end-to-end secure platform for the internet of things.
We are looking for a Director of Engineering to lead our Cambridge, UK site for Azure Sphere. Our Cambridge, UK site hosts a fast moving, growing team of talented engineers focused on the Customer Experience for Azure Sphere. The Customer Experiences Team is currently composed of three distinct teams. First, the Customers Tools and Experiences team focuses on the Azure Sphere SDK, manufacturing toolchain, developer tools, and customer samples and reference solutions. Second, the Devices team focuses on internal support for first party hardware and forward-looking demos. Finally, the Customer Acceleration Team that works closely with flagship customers to get accelerate time-to-market. These teams work together to ensure our customers develop their products quickly, securely, and get their Azure Sphere products to market as quickly as possible.
Come join us! Team members have unparalleled opportunity to rapidly learn new skill sets, build pioneering solutions, and get exposure to a wide array of technologies. To learn more about this exciting new project, please visit www.microsoft.com/en-us/azure-sphere.
- Provide leadership across the Customer Experience Teams for Azure Sphere.*Be accountable for shipping the Azure Sphere SDK, development and manufacturing tools at high quality.
- Be accountable for Customer Acceleration Team engagements and outcomes.
- Work across partner teams focused on services, operating systems, development experience and silicon ecosystem to ensure customer needs are met across the Azure Sphere product.
- Build and actively support an inclusive working and hiring environment. Be a champion of an inclusive, kind culture.
- 5 or more years of software design and development experience.
- 3 or more years of experience directly managing individual software engineers and shipping production software.
- 3 or more years of additional experience in a director (managers of managers) role.
- 5 or more years of experience with C# and/or C/C++.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or computer engineering or electrical engineering, OR an additional 4 years' work experience
- Experience developing production software using C#, C or C++.
- Experience working across time zones with remote teams a plus, as peer teams are in Redmond, WA USA.
- Experience with IoT products, MCUs, and tooling is a plus as well.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Secure Screen: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check and credit history analysis upon hire/transfer and every year thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.