|Job Type:||Full Time|
CIB - FX Services Middle Office - Associate - Bournemouth
FX Services Business
FX Services is part of Global FX, and provides spot and forward foreign exchange services to clients of various JPMC businesses i.e. Securities Services, Wholesale Payments, Retail and Commercial Bank, and the Private Bank. Services provided include execution of client instructed FX transactions related to securities trades, dividend and income receipts, corporate actions, tax reclaim activity and payment related instructions.
FX Services also provides Passive Currency Overlay (PCO) services predominantly to custody clients. Automated hedging is provided for FX market risk arising from investments in international assets denominated in currencies other than the client’s base currency.The FX Services business has been at the forefront of currency risk management. Using JPMorgan’s global scope, liquidity, credit quality, market intelligence and research, our clients benefit from our global capabilities to manage their unique risk profile and investment objectives.
FX Services Middle Office
The main role of the Middle Office team is to minimize operational and financial risk as well as maintaining a high quality control environment. Responsibilities are split as follows:
- The FX Services Trade Support team provides support to the FX Services Trading desk.
- The team is responsible for running a bespoke set of controls, including various static data reconciliations; monitoring of accurate and fair client pricing; liquidity provider checks; and ensuring the desk follow due process on executions for Affiliate and ERISA client transactions.
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate bespoke Client models, operational processes and potential model re-engineering
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Excel
- An independent, analytical thinker who can quickly assimilate situations through to the associated risks, business or control issues
- Derivatives product knowledge and an understanding of CIB Risk and/or Middle Office systems – an asset
- Experience working in Middle Office teams with a sound understanding of the Front to Back trade lifecycle – an asset
- Experience of reengineering processes and achieving positive change
- Effective and confident communicator in order to deal with a diverse range of employees and clients, and be able to succeed in a demanding and fast paced environment
- Awareness and understanding of the large financial risks that can be incurred through operational errors and control risks
- Well organised with excellent time and people management skills
- Required to work shifts
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.