|Job Type:||Full Time|
We have a new opportunity an Engineering Manager (Mechanical) who will oversee the mechanical equipment and installations in our Cauldon plant, which is located on the edge of the beautiful Peak District (between Leek and Ashbourne). This is a critical role that enables the plant to reach maximum availability / reliability through the performance of both corrective and proactive preventive actions, keeping an eye on cost and ensuring compliance with the OH&S regulations.
About the role
You will be responsible for assigning tasks, supporting the Maintenance Manager with Budget control, Health & Safety, People development, investment, governance and sustainability.
Key Responsibilities include
- Assignment of tasks only according required/necessary competencies of the workers (employees/contractors)
- Organize/execute necessary training, instruction and supervision of workers (employees/contractors), appropriate intervention in case of unsafe behaviors/situations and the consequent follow up of defined corrective actions
- Organize/Give technical guidance to assigned workers (employees/contractors) for activities within the area of responsibility
- Organize/execute assessment of risks and implementation of protection measures before the start of all activities.
- Monitor performance of mechanical maintenance personnel (internal and external). Develop, inform and motivate its team, ensuring competencies and skills development according to technical innovations, plant or personal needs.
- Support the Maintenance Manager in the elaboration and control of the maintenance budget, ensuring planning and follow-up of costs. -Implement effective and systematic solutions to achieve budget and to meet or exceed targets.
- Contribute to sourcing and purchasing of CAPEX and third party services: identify needs, provide technical requirements, support tendering, follow up service execution and commissioning, provide input for supplier qualification and evaluation.
- Communicate and implement regulations, company goals, local permits, policies and procedures; optimize the internal processes and structures. Supervise personnel to apply them consistently and ensure ISO compliance for related activities. Respect MAC standard; follow up weekly MAC targets (KPIs).
- Manage and supervise major corrective maintenance actions, critical spare part and plant annual shutdown programs in coordination with Maintenance Manager and Production Manager.
- Determine and schedule the necessary actions of corrective and preventive mechanical maintenance in coordination with Electrical and - Preventive Maintenance Supervisors to assure proper functioning of mechanical equipments and installations. Ensure mechanical maintenance team full time readiness to efficiently tackle emergencies or urgent breakdowns.
- Prepare weekly work orders according to preventive maintenance plans
- Coordinate and supervise execution of work order activities, failure data gathering (cause, symptom…), time confirmation (external and internal), material withdrawal.
- Manage execution of maintenance activities by third parties. Cooperate with shift leads in the execution of complex maintenance actions.
What will you bring?
- Significant experience in Mechanical engineering with relevant qualifications is essential (HND minimum requirement).
- Some operational experience from within a continuous heavy industry environment is highly desirable.
- Ability to build and sustain strong relationships across teams and all levels of the organisation.
- Clear ability to manage a team effectively, with experience of building engagement and capability.
What’s on offer?
- Competitive Salary, bonus and benefits recognizing the contribution you bring
- Opportunities for Career Progression both at home and abroad
- An inclusive and safety focused culture with people at the heart of the business
- We are committed to building a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
About Aggregate Industries
We’re at the front line of the construction and infrastructure industries, producing and supplying an array of construction materials. With over 330 sites and more than 4000 dedicated employees, we’re home to everything from aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete and precast concrete products. On top of that, we produce, import and supply construction materials, export aggregates and offer national road surfacing and contracting services.
We’re also a proud member of LafargeHolcim, which is the leading global building materials and solutions company with around 90,000 employees in over 80 countries. It holds leading positions in all regions with a balanced portfolio of developing and mature markets.
Why join Aggregate Industries?
To be at the heart of construction, we see our people at the forefront of the construction industry, transforming it into a more sustainable future. We employ highly talented, experienced and motivated people from diverse backgrounds. We have industry-leading capability in innovation, enabling us to anticipate and meet the changing needs of our customers. We are committed to developing strong and positive relationships with the communities we live and work in. LafargeHolcim has a global footprint with leadership positions in the vast majority of its markets and a diversified portfolio with a good balance between mature and developing markets positioned in highly populated areas.