|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you an experienced Project Principal seeking a new challenge?
Interested in joining a leading multi-million-pound organisation to work on a range of exciting projects?
If so read on….
About the unit
The Buildings and Infrastructure Europe unit (BNI) has a major presence in Mott MacDonald's regional offices throughout the UK and mainland Europe, providing a wide range of services across various markets maintaining diverse and transferable cross-sector skills.
We cover a range of disciplines that include Architecture, Building services, Building structures, Environment, Highways, Infrastructure, Railways, Transport planning and Water.
What is our vision?
Our vision is what we aspire to be. It's a guiding light to steer our way forward, enabling us to see and seize opportunities now and in the future.
To be the world's leading employee-owned consultancy, opening opportunities with connected thinking to create solutions that make a lasting difference for humanity and the environment.
A bit about the role
We are looking to recruit a Project Principal to lead our growing team Water sector team in Leeds. The role will be challenging, demanding, varied and offer opportunities for skill set and career development.
With significant opportunities with the EA, Local Authorities and water utility companies Mott MacDonald is looking for a progressive and focused individual to work directly with our client and partners. We are seeking someone who is adaptable and flexible to drive work that ranges from scheme appraisal, business case development; outline design, through final design, to construction support and commissioning.
We require a determined and technically skilled engineer, who is practiced in representing their team at technical meetings with clients. Furthermore, we would expect an individual accomplished in supporting the work of staff, and providing technical and professional guidance; we should like someone who is excited by the prospect of developing and growing a team. You will provide overall leadership (technical, project direction and internal team management) for a flood risk management appraisal and design team, mainly servicing the Environment Agency and local authority clients.
In return we offer a highly innovative and supportive environment within which to further grow your technical and managerial career
Required criteria for the ideal Project Principal
- Chartered engineer or similar. ICE or CIWEM CEng most likely.
- Proven track record in delivering and overseeing a range of design and construction civil engineering and flood risk management projects, including most or all of the following sectors: fluvial main river, ordinary watercourse, surface water, tidal, coastal, water utilities, FRA for commercial developments.
- Experience within the Water sector (water companies) would also be advantageous.
- Strong personal network of potential clients within the geographic area relevant to the workflow.
- Business development and technical quality (e.g. demonstrated through papers/presentations and HQ work winning).
- Team development skills (managing new staff, growing teams, mentoring) and managing business growth (scale and profit).
- Project management / direction for complex large scale, multi-disciplinary flood risk management projects, within the design and construction market