|Job Type:||Full Time|
Rare: we're not your typical developer. Our 30+ years in the game-making business have been dedicated to crafting one beloved title after another, constantly trying new things, and infusing the fun we have every day into the games we create. Check out the Rare Replay collection for three whirlwind decades of evidence! We strive to keep Rare a fantastic place to work, from its beautiful location and state-of-the-art facilities to a strong focus on work/life balance.
If you're a keen gamer, chances are you've already caught wind of our epic shared world pirate adventure Sea of Thieves, released in March 2018 and a journey we're committed to for the long haul even as we begin to think about what's out there beyond the horizon. With every day bringing new challenges and discoveries in equal measure, there's never been a more rewarding time to join our daredevil crew!
Are you a Release Manager seeking a role beyond standard release activities and into impacting and changing the status quo of workflows? Not only at Rare but the wider Xbox network? Keep reading…
We’re seeking an outstanding Release Manager for an integral role in our team, an opportunity aimed at someone who can see the full end-to-end scenario rather than focusing on the end goal.
With your expertise, you can identify bottlenecks and contentions before they arise, identifying ways to improve processes and toolsets for planning and driving release activities. With the player experience at your core, you will work across both UK and US teams to make sure all release milestones are met as well as ensuring quality content delivery for our players.
As you’ll be communicating with various parties, your communication skills will mean you are able to make existing challenges visible and demonstrate the need for improvements.
This is your chance to be right in the action of all game releases at Rare, working with multiple teams and co-ordinating with a network of studios across Xbox. If you pride yourself on being customer-focused, result-orientated and looking for the next step beyond a standard Release Manager role, then we would love to hear from you.
- Collaborate with product team leads and PM team to plan future feature release roadmap with an eye on adding value to the player with each release.
- Proactively recognising and identifying improvements in the release process.
- Communicating these recommendations to the wider team and driving change to better our players experience.
- Collaborating with teams from the very start of development to rule out where issues with release may occur
- Working with product team to define regular release rhythm for all the different releases in each phase of the project (Beta, Game Preview, GA).
- Reporting upon release timelines and work with BI team to define release metrics and publish this data to studio dashboards.
- Working with compliance team on any potential issues well in advance, and working through mitigation/challenge documentation.
- Communication with US teams. This will mean calls take place outside of normal working hours. However, Rare offer a flexible working environment in which a Release Manager can determine their working schedule with their manager to accommodate this.
- Demonstratable experience of how you have positively influenced a release timeline/workflow/process
- Knowledge of global compliance and what issues can occur
- Experience of managing product submissions
- Flexible and able to manage time efficiently
- Familiarity with framing objectives unambiguously through KPIs
- Able to communicate clearly in person and through reports and documentation
- Can-do mindset and an empathy for the player
- A love of working in mixed discipline, collaborative environments
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.