|Job Type:||Full Time|
The EMEA Azure Data, AI and IOT Global Black Belt (GBB) Time Zone Lead is a senior leadership role in the Worldwide Commercial Business, specifically in the Solutions Business Group responsible for the worldwide success of Microsoft’s Solution Areas: Azure Apps & Infrastructure, Azure Data,AI and IOT, Modern Workplace, Business Applications and Security.
The EMEA GBB Time Zone Lead will report directly to the VP for Microsoft's Azure Data, AI and IOT Business with dotted line accountability to the CVP of the EMEA Business and the EMEA areas (UK, France, Germany, Western Europe, CEE and MEA). The Time Zone lead will be a thought leader in Data , AI and IOT and serve as Executive Technology truster partner for the customers in the timezone and also act as a field sales-based extension of the Azure Data, AI and IOT Corporate team helping to align, develop and grow the Azure Data, AI and IOT business taking into account the local market realities to ensure we have the right short and long-term growth plans in each market. The Time Zone leader will have peers in the Americas and Asia time zones as well as the EMEA Applications and Infrastructure Time zone lead where they will strive for a consistent and highly collaborative alignment across Azure in EMEA and across Data, AI and IOT in all three time zones.
This role will partner closely with the EMEA Areas, specifically the STU leadership, in growing the Azure business for EMEA. This role will also act as a leadership voice back to Azure Engineering and Marketing groups to amplify the voice of the customer, partner and field sellers.
Azure Business Growth - Local and Global Impact: The EMEA Data, AI and IOT GBB Time Zone Lead will have the opportunity to impact our Azure business results (specifically Azure ADS, ACR and ACA) at the local level (UK, France, Germany, Western Europe, CEE, and MEA) as well as global via the Azure worldwide corporate sales team in building deep selling competency and transformation of the Azure business for Microsoft. The role is directly accountable for “Winning the Technical Decision” in the Azure Data, AI and IOT business and is responsible for assessing Area and Country growth opportunities, identifying root causes to performance gaps, building / nurturing the partner ecosystem and assessing talent and capacity plans to ensure Microsoft realizes its full growth potential in the market.
Sales Leadership Expertise: The EMEA GBB Time Zone Lead is a leader of Sales Specialists and Technical Specialists and will require a strong experience in enterprise sales management. The role requires experience and confidence leading a team of sellers, including M1 leaders who span an array of Azure Data Solutions, and Specialized Workloads. The team must execute a culture of customer obsession, speed and responsiveness, collaboration across Areas, deep partnerships with the Azure product teams, alignment with the Specialist Team Unit (STU) & Customer Success Unit (CSU) organizations, and work with partners specific to the specialized workloads the team leads uniquely. Accountabilities will also utilize and reinforce existing sales operations processes, systems and communications to effectively manage the business.
The Face of Data, AI and IOT for EMEA: The EMEA GBB Time Zone Lead will be the senior most face of Microsoft Azure Data, AI and IOT Business across the EMEA region and will be the go-to sales/business leader for engagement with key prospective and existing customers. It is expected that the EMEA GBB Time Zone Lead will help drive key deals and manage our best Technical Specialist and Specialist Global Black Belts across the Area’s biggest and most strategic customers and partners. This role will be responsible for securing market-making customer references that will be anchors in growing these emerging Azure businesses in EMEA. It is also expected that this leader will help to advance our evolving “Solutions Centric Evolution” especially in Industry specific solution areas where Azure is playing an increasingly important role for our customers “business decision makers”.
Technical Leadership: The EMEA GBB Time Zone Lead will be expected to bring deep technical expertise in Azure Data, AI and IOT and lead a technical team with a strong focus on technical skills and development of the GBB organization. This technical intensity will require the leader to be proficient in representing Microsoft both internally and externally with credibility and impact. The leader will attract, develop and retain strong technical talent and be a model for deep technical Azure sales at Microsoft.
People Leadership: The EMEA GBB Time Zone Lead is expected to bring strong “Model, Coach, & Care” approach to leading across a large team and be able to lead leaders (GBB Managers) in their ability to model, coach and care for their teams. This role is responsible for developing current and future talent to ensure we have the people resources and capacity to achieve our long-term growth plans. The ability to hold others accountable and demonstrate impact and influence without direct control while maintaining excellent cross-boundary collaboration are critical success factors for the role. This role may not own all of the sales resources in the field, but given their span of influence, experience, seniority and large team of the most senior sellers in the field, the leader will be looked to for insights around the performance of the business and held accountable for the results.
- Have a strong track record for outstanding Sales Leadership. Specifically, we are seeking a leader with experience in leading Operational Excellence models in their teams including: sales pipeline, localized prioritizations and communication, agility in responding to urgent customer opportunities, setting up the right organization structure to meet business goals.
- Bring Cloud technical acumen at a leadership level, specifically being able to speak to customers and external audiences (Azure speaker at events) as well as with the sales teams with a level of credibility and understanding of how customer requirements align with technical solutions
- Have demonstrated excellent business judgment and results and has the ability to work across multiple disciplines including technical sales, marketing, finance and strategic planning to execute success and build strategies for the future of the organization.
- Be a strategic and creative thinker who can see “the big picture” and unite new and disparate ideas with practical plans, working comfortably in the face of ambiguity and in a matrixed enterprise organization.
- Possess the ability to build positive executive relationships, with the ability to influence at the highest levels of the organization, across both Worldwide Commercial Business (WCB) and Global Sales Marketing & Operations (GSMO) senior leadership teams.
- Have a proven ability to work effectively in a highly matrixed organizations that demands a high degree of cooperation, flexibility, teaming, cross group and real-time responsiveness.
- Have a passion in leading multi-cultural organizations, building organization identity and empathy across a diverse organization
- Fluent English language abilities and excellent presentation skills required with some regional language speaking skills preferred
- The role will require extensive travel
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.