|Location:||Greater London, Greater Manchester, Reading|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Microsoft Services Global Program Management Office (GPMO) mission is to elevate our Program Management capability to win, and successfully deliver, complex market making projects and programs.
GPMO is looking for a Delivery Contracts Manager to support our Program Management capability.
You should be able to answer “Yes” to these questions:
- Have you delivered contract management services on large system integration programs (minimum $20M total contract value)?
- Do you have a law degree and/or formal contract management certifications (for example, Certified Professional Contracts Manager)?
- Do you have a mix of contracting and business acumen?
- Do you have broad and deep contracting knowledge in Commercial and Government contracting?
- Do you have a proven capability to foster and manage relationships with senior external and internal stakeholders to discuss complex contractual topics?
- Can you speak and write fluently in English? Note: The ability to also provide professional advice in other languages would be an advantage.
We are a global team of exceptional people who deliver world class services in the most challenging of scenarios. We earn customer confidence, trust, and loyalty by improving the overall customer and partner experience. We help scope and deliver the most ambitious programs undertaken by Microsoft Services.
As a member of the GPMO team you are expected to
- Participate in pre-sales activities for the most complex opportunities, and then provide contractual oversight in the resulting delivery program;
- Be a strong team player, assisting the overall program delivery team and your peers to achieve success;
- Continuously maintain your professional skills through training, certification and, most importantly, by reducing the contractual risks of complex programs;
- Be an active member of the Microsoft Services delivery community;
- Be willing to engage extensively internationally;
- Support the Program Director by providing them with all necessary contractual obligations and insights to effectively deliver program outcomes.
You will participate as part of an integrated team responsible for:
- Analyzing all program contractual documents to identify the commitments, obligations and requirements;
- Establishing the approach, ownership, and oversight of contractual terms and obligations to maintain compliance;
- Advising program and senior management on potential impacts of key business decisions and program changes;
- Analyzing contractual risk to the business and assisting senior management in assessing risk exposure for the company;
- Visiting client sites and meeting with business partners;
- Documenting exceptions to standard terms and conditions and monitoring compliance with the same;
- Conducting special projects as assigned.
This will require:
- Experience in drafting and negotiating contracts, statements of work, and service level agreements;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required in preparing clear, concise, and grammatically correct materials for communicating information effectively to others;
- Expert contract, project, and time management skills;
- Action oriented with a passion for getting things done quickly and efficiently;
- Strong cross-group collaboration and relationship management skills including creating, directing, participating, supporting, and/or coordinating virtual teams to achieve objectives;
- Ability to document and improve work processes in order to make workflow more efficient and productive;
Ability to work independently with minimal guidance while being a team player able to effectively manage a demanding workload across geographic and organizational boundaries.
- 12+ years of experience successfully managing contracts and related documents at a large-scale corporation, law firm, or government entity;
- Ability to perform in complex cross-functional business environment;
- BS or BA in Finance, Business, Law, or related discipline;
- Ability to travel, both domestically and internationally, in planned scenarios.
- Certified Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
Location / Travel: You may be based anywhere in Europe, near an international airport. Travel to meet the needs of the customer and our business can be expected to be approximately 25-50%.
Microsoft Services engages directly with customers around the world to deliver business value from the latest Microsoft technology. 17,000-strong, we bring together the best Microsoft innovation to empower companies on their digital journeys - from envisioning new possibilities to delivering and supporting the resulting solutions. Simply put, through professional services and support, we help customers and partners get the most out of their investment in our technology.
For more information, visit www.microsoft.com/Services.
Join us and be one who empowers billions! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact on how people work and live all over the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.